Gibbs Hill Lighthouse

momtopom

Just to let you know, anyone planning on visiting Gibbs Hill Lighthouse, it is closed for renovations and will be for about six weeks. The gift shop and tea room are open but you cannot climb the lighthouse. I did not know this until I made the climb up the hill in pouring rain.

It's a bit of a hike up the road to the lighthouse :) - it was closed when we first went 3 years ago, due to damage from hurricane Fabian, but it was a sunny day, so the hike was worth it as the views even from the base of the lighthouse are great.

There was a thread in May re the two lighthouses in Bermuda .... both are worth visiting: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=342157&highlight=lighthouses

I was there last week. Just got home this past Sunday. I sailed on the Majesty out of Boston. Weather wasn't that great; it rained off and on all day Tuesday, most of Wednesday and Friday. Thursday was beautiful. Still, a rainy day in Bermuda is better than a rainy day in Boston, lol. I went kayaking, jet skiing, shopping, and did a lot of walking around St. George, which I have never spent time in. I usually stay down the other end of the island. I loved St. George though and will definitely be back. I ate at the Carriage House restaurant, Tavern by the Sea, and Hog Penny Pub which is in Hamilton. I highly recommend all three restaurants.

Archived