Re:help!!

tracey1212

I'm needing to know how big my luggage can be on the cruise. And how many piece can I bring.Thanks:rolleyes:

Although there is no limit set by Carnival on the amount of luggage you may bring (so long as it fits in your stateroom), if your travel plans involve air transportation, you may want to check with the airlines since the carrier may have restrictions.

Each piece of luggage must be locked (once you get to the terminal) and have a colored bag tag listing the guest's name, ship and stateroom number. Bag tags are mailed with cruise documents and additional tags can be obtained at curbside from the porter, if necessary.

Since the delivery of checked bags may take some time to reach your stateroom, you may elect to bring your own bags on board if they do not exceed 24''w x 16''h (there is no restriction on the length of the bag). Additionally, we highly recommend that guests personally carry any boarding documentation (passports, visas, I.D.), valuables, medications, and items which require special handling on and off the vessel. This advantage will ensure prompt and easy access to your baggage. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on baggage.

Alternatively, curbside porters are available at the pier to take baggage to the vessel for delivery by shipboard personnel to your stateroom*. Customary tip is $1 per bag. Curbside porters are not employees of Carnival; therefore, if you experience any problems, please report them to porter management on site. Any luggage left at the pier will be forwarded at your expense. Claims for luggage loss or damage must be made in writing to the embarkation personnel prior to leaving the pier area.

NOTE: There is limited porter service on 2/3-day Cruises-to-Nowhere.

Note: If you are flying, Check this website for wieght restrictions: http://www.dod.mil/mapcentral/luggage.html

On our last cruise we had 11 pieces of luggage. DS and myself brought 8 pieces (4 checked and 4 carry on's) and DH brought 3 (2 Checked and 1 Carry on). There is a weight limit on the airplane of 50 lbs for each checked piece. DS and myself flew to Miami from Amarillo TX and DH flew to Miami from Chicago IL. We all flew American.

Archived