Carnival's Florence on your Own

I'm arriving on July 5 in Livorno on the Carnival Liberty, and I am wondering if anyone has done Carnival's "Florence on your Own." I'd like to know what time the bus actually departs from Livorno and what time people are required to be back on the bus in Florence. I'm considering doing the train, but it looks as though the only trains back from Florence are 3:30 pm and 4:30; 4:30 seems to me to cut the time too close, since the ship departs at 7, and I'd hate to have to be back for a 3:30 train, unless that's not much earlier than Carnival's bus. (I've decided against private transportation). Thanks for any input.

We did it last year.

We left the dock around 9:15/9:30am and did not arrive until after 11:00am in the city. Traffic issues. We still had to walk from the bus drop off to the area where our guide would leave us and then we were on our own. If you've not been to Florence before, then listen carefully as to where the meeting place is for going back to the bus to return to the ship. I believe we had to meet her to go back at around 4:00pm.

If your planning to use the train, then check the website for possible strikes that are planned/announced but no guarantees that the train will not have a delay even if everything looks okay. It's a gamble you have to take and decide what your most comfortable with. Make sure you have a backup plan incase something comes up.

Have you thought about a ride share with others from your roll call to save time and money?

Julia

Archived