HELP!! Don't want upgrade

HaloV

I know it sounds crazy but I don't want the upgrade they gave me on Regal Princess. I got to pick out the cabin I wanted & I was happy. It is low midship. Now I have two decks up at the very front of the ship. I have to wait until tomorrow to call the TA. Has anyone ever had this problem? I am sure someone else would be happy to have our upgrade.

I know it sounds crazy but I don't want the upgrade they gave me on Regal Princess. I got to pick out the cabin I wanted & I was happy. It is low midship. Now I have two decks up at the very front of the ship. I have to wait until tomorrow to call the TA. Has anyone ever had this problem? I am sure someone else would be happy to have our upgrade.

A lot of people have been having this problem, if you check out the Princess boards on this site. What they have mostly said is call your TA immediately, and if he/she is driven enough, you should be able to receive your old cabin. BUT do not wait on this - time is of the essence. You should also tell your TA for the future (this and other cruises) that you want to be marked "NO UPGRADES" or you could end up in the same situation again.

Hope this helps!

-Vanessa

Thanks Vanessa, I am still trying to get a hold of the TA. Out of 14 cruises this has happened once before. The cruise line was so excited to tell me we were upgraded- to the front of the ship, by the heliport, over the crew's fitness room. What a disaster!! I should of learned then to say NO UPGRADE!!!! I am trying my hardest to get the problem resolved. I want my old cabin back.:mad: Thanks

It's so tempting to want to try for upgrades, but rarely is it the better deal. They upgrade the room you have carefully chosen - maybe you like mid ship, or a certain deck - to a "better cabin" in the same class that is in a less desirable area. That way, they can offer others the more desirable locations to get NEW bookings (and they already have your money). Kinda stinks, but that's business, same as how airlines oversell flights. I have been told time and again to always request no upgrades - it sounds like a deal, but usually, it's not.

Good luck, I'm sure it will turn out fine!

Well, I think I have got it all worked out. :D The Princess website now says my original cabin #. I have had to make many calls though & not give up. My TA told me to wait a week before the cruise & maybe I would get another upgrade. NO THANKS!! I called Princess & talked to a very helpful lady who in return talked to customer service. She couldn't believe I wanted my original cabin back. (it has a upper & lower berth) I told her better bunk beds than spending the whole cruise sick in a big bed. But so far I haven't heard back (again) from my TA to tell her, no more upgrades. Everyone has been cooperative with me. I just hate to wait for people to return my calls. I have learned to be patient & nice. I think it gets you farther than mean & nasty.:)

Archived