Is a 1:40 flight too early from Heathrow?

LLD

Hello All,

Believe it or not I am still searching for flight options from Orlando! I have a question--- I can possibly get a flight from Heathrow at 1:40p.m. Is this too early if I am coming off of the cruise ship at Southampton?

I was told on a previous thread that a 12:30p.m. flight was too ealry. I thought an extra hour might buy me some more time. Thanks!

It really depends on what time your ship actually gets in. Golden Princess is scheduled to arrive in Southampton about 2 hours earlier than most Southampton arrivals (0500 instead of about 0700), which I expect is intended to give people a chance to get on the main wave of trans-Atlantic flights that departs at about lunchtime.

But you must, must, must ask Princess what is the earliest time for which you can book your own flight from Heathrow. And even then, the closer you are to that time, the higher your level of risk (although of course you will never eliminate the risk of missing the flight).

If you are actually off the ship by 0830, then I (like goldencup) think that you should be fine for a 1340 flight - in fact, I think that you'd probably have about an hour to spare for margin.

Hello,

I'm on the 7/31 Golden Princess sailing. Princess suggested no flights before 12 Noon. I am on a 12:30 from Heathrow,but am not using Princess Transfers.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Archived