Century 8/14/06 Baltic Cruise

skjaltd

Anyone interested in sharing a private guide and driver in St. Petersburg or other ports? Note that if you want to do that in St. Petersburg, you need to apply for a Russina Visa at a cost of $150 per person. Without your own Visa you cannot leave the ship unless you are on a ship's excursion.

If interested, please reply with information about yourself (age, city you live in, interests, etc.). My wife and I would prefer a married couple who loves to travel to interesting places.

• 2 weeks later...

We are in the process of booking a private tour for a small group in St. Petersburg. We currently have one other couple joining my wife and I for 2 days of "strenuous" (fast paced) touring and are looking for one or two more couples. The tour company we are using will be able to meet us at the dock and provide complete documentation for us to leave the ship and meet her near the dock.

According to her and others I have been talking to via e-mail, you do not need to obtain a Russian visa, since there is an exception to normal visa regulations for cruise passengers who will not be in St. Petersburg for more than 72 hours, have pre-arranged their tours and have the documentation prior to disembarking the ship. The documentation is provided by the tour company via e-mail and you just present it to the authorities as you leave the ship.

If anyone is interested, they need to reply as soon as possible. I have a similar message posted on other bulletin boards, which is how we found the second couple.

Archived