Sea Princess Secrets?

ellie&iain

We are considering booking the Sea Princess for next year and I just wanted to ask whether there are any special cabins in each grade which are particularly desirable. We are only looking at balcony cabins.

For example, the first 8 balcony cabins on Celebrity Millenium have larger balconies than others in the grade and this isn;t shown on the deck plan, and some of the aft cabins on RCI Voyager are unusually large compared with others in their grade.

I've had a read through the sticky thread at the top and some great info has been shared but I'm hoping someone will have Sea Princess specific info to share!

We are new to Princess but hope it will be the happy medium between, the wonderful but a bit pricey, Celebrity and, the too big too commercial, RCI.

Thanks

we love the Sea and her sistership, the Sun, and will be back on the Sea for 14 days next March.

If you do a search here for "live from the Sea" you will find some really useful threads full of info.

In particular, the Balconies on the ship are "cut out of the hull", and do not stick out from the ship...and generally are the same size (unless you go for a mini-suite or a full suite).

The Sea Princess was our first ship to cruise on. We have taken 2 other cruises on her since. She still is special to us. We were on the Aloha deck in the center of the dship on our first cruise(can't remember room #).

Princess ships are a top of the line cruise line comparible with Celebrity and RCI from what I have read and been told. We have only sailed with Princess except last Oct. we did NCL in which there was no comparison except NCL had larger bathrooms. I'm sure you will like the Sea Princess. Enjoy and happy sailing.

Choose your balcony cabin mainly by location as they are all pretty much equal. None have a larger balcony then the next one. They are about 3 1/2 feet wide and the length of the cabin itself. Each is large enough for a small round table and two straight back chairs, nothing else.

We love the Sea Princess, sailed on her for 14 days last November and have her booked again for this December. But in a mini suite, as they are equal to the full suites on the larger ships, only you do not get the perks of the full suites when booking them.

The extra space, sitting area, two room bathroom, jacuizzi tub. walk in closet and two TV's is just perfect for any length of cruise.

Thanks!!

I'm slightly disappointed there are no secret large cabins/balconies like on other ships but also relieved! I must have changed cabins before our Voyager trip at least 6 times to get something special. It's nice to know that I won't be spending everyday checking for changes!!

We've not made our final decision yet but I'll check out the threads suggested for more info.

Thanks

Ellie

• 1 month later...

Hi Ellie

I am new to the forum but have just spotted your countdown in your profile signature and can see you are on our cruise next year!!!

Have you had confirmation of your balcony cabin yet? It would be fun to meet up.:D

Balcony openings on Caribe Deck are smaller than Aloha and Baja, giving you the feeling of a smaller balcony. Even at that, we loved our BC on the Sea Princess, and enjoyed every minute of the 14 days!

-Ann

Archived