Crazy hair day

babytraveler

They cut women's hair, so I don't see why not, however be prepared to pay a fortune.

I have the same question as Lougee, why can't he get it cut before you leave ?

I got my hair cut on my last cruise. (To answer those who are asking why he can't get it cut beforehand, he may be in the same situation I was where between getting everything in order at the office and at home I simply didn't have TIME to make it to the barber.) The salon certainly does offer men's haircutting, and the charge was not at all unreasonable considering they shampooed, cut, and styled (to the extent they can a short, military haircut). If I recall, it was around $30 plus tip.

Thanks! $30ish is better than squeezing it all in before we go.

Exactly--before vacation we work late every night to essentially do a week's work ahead of time so everything is covered while we're gone. Then there's house prep: lawn, squaring things away. And packing. Skipping haircut is good way to reserve a little extra time for the other things.

I was amused by the "why not?" question. For those who live in big cities it may seem strange not to find time to get a haircut. Those of us in smaller towns who commute to work can have a real problem. If your Saturday is too busy or you're tied up with other things on the only evening when your barber or stylist is open, it can mean that you can't get a haircut before your vacation. There might be another barber or stylist in town, but who wants to take a chance that you'll gat a bad haircut just before vacation.

I was amused by the "why not?" question. For those who live in big cities it may seem strange not to find time to get a haircut. Those of us in smaller towns who commute to work can have a real problem. If your Saturday is too busy or you're tied up with other things on the only evening when your barber or stylist is open, it can mean that you can't get a haircut before your vacation. There might be another barber or stylist in town, but who wants to take a chance that you'll gat a bad haircut just before vacation.

It's all in the planning.....:D

I like getting my hair cut aboard ship on the first sea day - it's just one of those "nice things to do"

...I mean where else can you get a scalp massage while looking over the ocean and seeing flying fish?

:)

I like getting my hair cut aboard ship on the first sea day - it's just one of those "nice things to do"

...I mean where else can you get a scalp massage while looking over the ocean and seeing flying fish?

:)

I am a stylist and have used a ship salon before with no regrets. The way you worded your reply makes me want to run into the salon to get the massage and relax while viewing the fish.

Missygirl:)

Archived