Reception on Royal Caribbean or St Thomas?

Since we are using a wedding coordinator from St. Thomas (Cheryl) instead of Royal Caribbean's, the only reception type thing they offer is a 1-2 hour block of time with appetizers, and they also have you share a room with another party. Has anyone been able to book any other type of reception?

And, does anyone have any ideas for receptions in St Thomas?

If you wanted to consider holding a reception before returning to the ship, you could always do one on St Thomas or on the waters surrounding St Thomas.

We married on St John (USVI) which is a short ferry ride from St Thomas. (On a cruise, but used an independent wedding coordinator on St John) We chartered a catamaran that holds up to 25 passengers and had our reception onboard that with cake, champagne toast, open bar, etc. We chartered for 90 minutes and ended up back on St Thomas since that was where our cruise was leaving from anyway. We could have chosen a larger catamaran with the same company (up to 50 passengers) or a longer time (such as 3 hours) but were on a tight timeframe due to time in port (we could have also included a snorkeling stop). Reception pics can be found on this page: http://www.cmgoddard.com/pages/3/index.htm

There are many catamarans and sailboats in St Thomas (or St John) you could charter for this, and since the islands are so close together, you could always check with St John companies as well to see if they would pick you guys up on St Thomas.

Hi

I'm getting married this Oct while at prot in St. Thomas and I'm also using Cheryl.

Hopefully if all goes well and I can get the wedding time that I want (3pm) my father in law to be is setting up a cocktail hour back on the ship about 4 or 5pm and then we go straight into the 6pm dinner time.

That way I can relax pretty much most of the morning instead of running around, my guests can go explore for a couple of hours and we can have the wedding and a cocktail hour just as if we were here at home.

When is your wedding?

Kathy :)

10/05/04

Kathy

I am getting married on St. Thomas as well in October. October 11, 2004. When is your wedding??

We are getting married around 1pm and doing Island tour afterwards. Is there a min. on the number of people for a reception on board?? I haven't thought about that. I am hoping for a early dinner seating as well. The travel agent and RCCL can't gaurentee that at this point. We have 11 total people traveling...

Christina

Oh we are using Cheryl too!! I really like her!!!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions :) We may just opt for a small reception back on the ship before dinner, that may be easiest, although I like the idea of chartering a caterman.

We were happy with Cheryl, but she has not responded to us in over a week, so we are questioning whether we should change. She is definitely busy, but we are just trying to get general prices for everything.

Archived