New Years sailings?

Second seating

Hi

To answer the question posted ealier.

I was on the QM2 last Christmas and New Year, I always dread having loads of Kids running round and being noisy, and for that reason avoid many other cruise lines. There were nearly 400 children on her last year and I have to say that they did not bother me at all, there is a shallow pool at the stern where the small kids go with their families which is near to the childrens facilities, the mid-ships pool seemed to be the favourite for the teenagers, so the largest rear pool was a haven for adults.

The only place I got a bit wound up was in the internet room where a few NY princesses got louder and louder until I had to say something, but I think that could happen on any ship and not just from their age group.

I am booked on again for this coming Christmas and New Year, I have heard from a few of the people I met last year whom are also returning this year that they are wait-listed for second sitting (they are not too happy about that) so you may find that it will be difficult to get second sitting at this stage, you certainly will not get a guarantee, they have theatened cancellation and are platinum members and have not got anywhere (much to their disgust), however they have already booked for 2007 to avoid it next time round and succeeded.

I would certainly recommend the cruise despite the issue of second sitting, the ship looked wonderful all decorated, and the Carols around the central atrium on Christmas Eve were very emotional and memorable (i'm not a religeous person, I just like seeing everyone happy together!!)

The food in the lowest accomodation restaurant was absolutely OUTSTANDING, and worlds apart from the bland rubbish I got on the Celebrity Millenium in February, where everyone has to eat the same even if they have paid five times as much to be there, and somehow that ship and its sisters seem to have been voted as the best cruise ships by Douglas Ward / Berlitz Guide (i'll never figure that one out!!)

Anyway I hope you enjoy whatever you decide to go for.

Regards M

Archived