Explorer of the Seas - 11/3/06

You're on what's called a re-positioning cruise. When a ship sails from two different ports, there has to be two cruises a year where they go between them. You are on the southbound cruise. I don't see a northbound return on the site yet, however...but it does wind up back in Jersey somehow.

Good luck- I am not prone to motion sickness and we only had 5 foot waves this past sunday but the wind was high- my entire family could not wait to GET OFF THE BOAT TO STOP THE ROCKING!!!!! I hate to fly but have decided that a few hours of fear is better than 18 hours of feeling sick...we are going out of San Juan next time. Good luck ---if you live in this area(NJ) your TA should tell you the water is rough then....if not they may not know.

We had big rain and wind storms last week and weekend, that could have been part of the problem. I sailed last Aug. out of Bayonee and had no rough waters, just some rain going down the first day. Also sailed in April out of NYC and had great waters.

Archived