Inspiration in DryDock?

betsyrossapk

I read in another thread that someone thinks the Inspiration may be going into drydock this Fall. Does anyone know if this is true? Just wondering if it will be newly renovated when we go on her in November.

Inspiration: 11/4/04 128 days & counting

Good to hear someone else will be on board. I guess since it's just us two couples, they'll have upgrade us to suites (ha, ha!), right?

It's just me and my husband as well. We're taking a break away from work and a mini vacation. We normally take 7 day cruises, however, our next cruise isn't until May '05, we're cruising the Caribbean Princess to the Western Caribbean. So, this is a little splurge to hold us over till next May.

Happy early 20th anniversary to you and your husband. I hope you enjoy this trip and take the opportunity to share some quality time together on the best vacation ever! I just love cruising and feel it's the best value for your money.

Cozumel is just incredible. Since we're in port from 7am till midnight, James and I will be taking 2 excursions. One to the ruins in the morning and then one sunset snorkel adventure which I hear is something that you've got to try.

Well, I hope to talk at you again before November.

Take care, Julia

Good morning to you Julia,

Yes, we are looking forward to Cozumel. We are planning to rent a car during the day & just discover the island on our own pace. We did that on our last cruise when we went to St Maarten & loved the leisurely pace & the sense of discovery when we found things all by ourselves. From what I hear, I think we made a good choice for this cruise. Everyone seems to think the long day in Cozumel is just right.

Betsy

Inspiration: 11/4/04

Have you and your husband cruise on Carnival before? My husband and I have only cruised on Princess and this is our first cruise on Carnival. I've heard a lot of good things about Carnival and some bad things as well. I know not everyone will be fully satisfied all the time, but I've just loved the cruises I've taken on Princess. I've heard a lot of good things and bad things about Princess as well, so I think it's all in someone's perspective of what's good and what's bad. I try to enjoy myself in every aspect when it comes to my vacations. Overcrowding at the buffets, people saving chairs from the pool to the shows and not so good food sometimes in the dining room haven't seemed to ruin anything for me when it comes to cruising.

I'm really looking forward to my first cruise with Carnival. The main reason I've picked this cruise is that it's close to home (I live only about 1/2 hour from the port) and is only 4 days instead of 7. I can't seem to get away much during the fall and winter months and this fits perfectly in my schedule.

If you've been on Carnival before, I'd really appreciate some tips you could pass my way. I would like some information on the dining options. About the meal times, I understand there is a 1st and 2nd seating for each seating and buffets, etc. I learned so much on the Princess boards before my first Princess cruise, that I felt that I had already been there when I got on board. I knew the in and outs of the ship, what were the best times to go to the shows and some of the best items to order at dinner. And I just love hearing about other peoples experiences and good times.

Well, start packing and hopefully we'll see you on board.

Julia

Greetings!

I almost had 'the big one' when I saw this thread, 'Inspiration in dry dock', as we are sailing July 4!

We'll take good care of the ship and I'll post a review when we return.

Maple Hts

We travelled on the Jubilee 19 yrs ago for our belated honeymoon, so I imagine much has changed since then. I remember I loved the cruise & we had nice tablemates, another honeymoon couple. From what I understand, Carnival tries to match you with similar type travellers for dinner. I don't remember a lot about our room, so that tells me it's true what others say, that you probably don't spend awhole lot of time in your room. We have signed up for early seating in the dining room, so we may be assigned either 5:45 or 6:15PM. But my understanding is, if you just want to eat buffet style, then you can go whenever you want. I found these boards in March, right after we booked this cruise, & I think if you hang out here, you will find out whatever you need to. When the time gets closer, perhaps we can arrange a time to meet on the ship.

Betsy

Inspiration: 11/4/04

• 3 months later...

I just took a look at the Carnival online site, searched on Inspiration, and found the next sailing listed on that site is 11/13. I realize many of you are on this ship a week earlier and that isn't listed - sold out perhaps? But, since nothing else is listed for October, ait makes me think she's either in drydock now or going shortly.

I believe the Inspiration has been in drydock for the past couple of weeks. We are leaving on Sunday and another message board said it would be drydocked at the end of September. I have checked cruisecal.com and have not found it anywhere until Oct. 10th.

Oh, I hope it's all spit & polished for when we embark in 4 more weeks. I do know that quite a few of the sailings must be sold out because I would do a daily price check of our cruise & our sailing dropped off over a month ago, so yes it is showing sold out til around 11/13.

Well, I'm leaving on Sunday 10/10 on the Inspiration.... first cruise out of dry dock! From what I understand, the drydock was partially cosmetic overhaul and one of the stabalizers was out. They have changed the itinerary for the 10/10 sailing, but that's fine with me, I just wanna go!!!!!

Barb

I AM SO JEALOUS! I cruised Inspiration in August and had a wonderful time. Crew was so friendly and helpful, food was good, ports were fun. It was my first cruise and I am HOOKED. So much so that I already booked my vacation for next year (a cruise of course :) ). You will all have a GREAT time!

Yes it has been in drydock for a few weeks. I will be sailing Oct 17th and found out that instead of Grand Cayman will be doing Progresso. That is fine for me since last time I sailed the Western Carib, it was our last stop and I did not even get off since it was so hot and I was so sunburnt. This will be our first stop so this time I will get my sunburn here!!!! LOL Not sure what was done during drydock

Joan

Sail on..............................

Archived