Summit - Is Cirque Still There?

Crusinistops

I have sailed on Infinity and now am scheduled on the Summit. Infinity was a great trip but I am concerned about the Summit. Is Cirque still on board? If so are there any changes to the rear of the ship because of this? I heard there were changes. Also is there alot of noise at the stern from this entertainment? I have booked a cabin near the stern and am concerned about noise I might hear on the balcony.

Thanks for your help :)

The ship layout is the same on both ships. The theater and disco are in the front of the ship. So you won't have noise from the entertainment. Unless you are talking about the guitar player at the outdoor sky bar.

Yes Cirque is there with a 1/2 hour review.

Cirque isn't anywhere near the aft portion of the ship. It's on deck 11 in the Bar at the Edge at the very front of the ship, and the only time it was used by Cirque was one night for the White Nights evening (not a good time). Their "show" is now a very reduced half hour presentation in the Celebrity Theater.

I am concerned about the Summit. Is Cirque still on board? If so are there any changes to the rear of the ship because of this? Also is there alot of noise at the stern from this entertainment? I have booked a cabin near the stern and am concerned about noise I might hear on the balcony.

:)

Just off Summit on Jun 10. 35 min Taste of CdSshow was Weds pm in theater at front of ship. STANDING ROOM ONLY by 10 mins before show start (at 2d show for early main DR seating) Show was worthwhile and got strong applause at end. "White Night" party at lounge at top front of Summit starting 10:45pm. Maybe half wore masks, with some just had paper-cutout squiggles and curli-li-ques stuck on face, others simple mardi-gras type (available on ship as low as $8-10 but for $5 at Party City). We skipped White night ourselves (sleepy-time) but saw the on-board video coverage.

We had corner Cat FV on 9000 deck and all the FVs on deck right under the Waterfall Cafe could hear dull chair-scrapping movements from eating patio through ceiling (our steward confirmed this was mentioned by many in those Cat FVs). Since this really was happening after 7am and subsided by about 10pm it was manageable.

Thanks to all who responded. I got the information I need and will go ahead with the booking. It is really nice to have these boards for information so one can figure out what they want to do. :D Happy crusing everyone

Archived