What color shawl with this dress?

Not black... IMO.

Any color other than black... it would be too dark and bold, overpowering the dress.

Gosh, it would be hard to say w/o knowing what you were wearing it for?

Evening dressy or an evening more casual... because I think it could go either way!;)

If it were an evening dressy, you MIGHT be able to even to a silver wrap?Can't really tell w/o bigger pic of fabric.

You make me giggle b/c it looks like you have been doing a lot of shopping or LOOKING. ( I hope shopping, it's more fun;) )

Keep the pics coming, I love to see what people are buying!

Nosey I guess!:D

You make me giggle b/c it looks like you have been doing a lot of shopping or LOOKING. ( I hope shopping, it's more fun;) )

Keep the pics coming, I love to see what people are buying!

Nosey I guess!:D

Haha. Are you kidding? I'm the world's biggest shopaholic. If they had a Shopaholics Anonymous, I'd probably have more than one sponsor to keep me in line.

But all the dresses I post are from Ann Taylor cuz I work there part time. Employees get a super duper discount at all Ann Taylor affiliated stores (half off!). So, of course, most of my cruise wardrobe is going to come from there :D. I'll be like a walking advertisement for them. Hmm....I should get paid for that....

I vote for camel, especially if you were earth-tone shoes. Certainly not black and I'm not sure creme would look right since the dress looks white/aqua/grey to me. Have you thought about a bright aqua?

Yes, actually, I did try an aqua shawl b/c Talbots had a sale on shawl's. It didn't really seem to look right so I passed on it.

I'm going to wear light gold strappy heels with this dress, if that helps. I'm narrowing down to cream or camel. I think I saw a shiny, camel colored shawl on ebay.

Are you still wearing the other dress you posted? The black and white one?

I ask because I think I'd go with just one shawl purchase, in black to go with both dresses. You may find that you are not really all that cold on the ship, or the only time you want to cover up is in the dark theatre. To me, black is just more dressy than cream or camel. And then, I'd go with a sheer fabric.

But, then again, I'm hot all the time, so I don't think I'd want to cover up your pretty dress at all :)

I'd probably do something like this, in black:

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=65943&CategoryID=1705&PageID=1705*1*24*-1*-1*-1

Archived