Liberty - Isle of Capri

nycruise

A few questions regarding Capri for you veteran Liberty cruisers:

Is the Hydrofoil in walking distance of where the Liberty docks?

I understand the Hydrofoil takes 40 minutes to Capri, do they run often?

Is the ride out on the Hydrofoil rocky?

When you arrive in Capri, can you walk through the heart of Capri or will we need a taxi?

Was thinking of doing the Blue Grotto, any first hand opinions?

Is it worth venturing off to Anacapri and exactly how do you get there from Capri?

We plan on spending the morning in Capri then having lunch in Naples and exploring the city. We've already been to Pompei and Amalfi.

Thanks.

Yes the Hydrofoil is less than 1/2 block.

It was a bit rocky, but not bad enough to make anyone sick that I saw.

I cannot answer any other questions, as we took a tour, and we had a small bus that took us to the top, there we walked around and visited the gareds, which were beautiful. From there we took the Venicular down to the bottom. I heard from some that those who took it up wasted alot of time, coming down was no problem.

Watch out for those old italian ladies, they like to but in line. LOL:p

Yes the Hydrofoil is less than 1/2 block.

It was a bit rocky, but not bad enough to make anyone sick that I saw.

I cannot answer any other questions, as we took a tour, and we had a small bus that took us to the top, there we walked around and visited the gareds, which were beautiful. From there we took the Venicular down to the bottom. I heard from some that those who took it up wasted alot of time, coming down was no problem.

Watch out for those old italian ladies, they like to but in line. LOL:p

Did you take the Carnival tour of Capri or arrange your own?

Thanks.

Did you take the Carnival tour of Capri or arrange your own?

Thanks.

WE did Pompai, SOrrento and Capri, offered by Carnival. Our group was off early so we did Capri first, then to Sorrento where we ate lunch and then to Pompai, half the tours went the way we went the other half the opposite.

When you get of the hydrofoil in Capri look for the entrance to the Funiculare which takes you right up to Anacapri.......I don't remember how many euros but it wasn;t much. Anacapri is wonderful, beautiful upscale shops, lovely outdoor cafes, beautiful biews. Be sure to check out the lemon trees while riding the Funiculare...as big as grapefruit...don't miss it !!!

When you get of the hydrofoil in Capri look for the entrance to the Funiculare which takes you right up to Anacapri.......I don't remember how many euros but it wasn't much. Anacapri is wonderful, beautiful upscale shops, lovely outdoor cafes, beautiful views. Be sure to check out the lemon trees while riding the Funiculare...as big as grapefruit...don't miss it !!!

Doing Capri on your own is practical. I would skip the cave thing as it's no big deal and costly. Better to spend your $ on something lemony from the isle itself.

Alternatively, you can taxi to Postitino for a look around at some of the world's most costly real estate and scenrey. From there you can catch a bus for a ride down the Amalphi coast. I think it costs about $3 U.S. equivelent.

Archived