Roatan on your own.

DEBBIE 275

Has anyone ever just got off the ship and hired a cab at the pier for the day? I will be on the Valor in November and we are not sure what to do while in Roatan and was wondering the cost if you have rented a cab THAT day? I see it would cost 4 of us $25 dollars each if I reserve something now, which sounds great. Just wanted to know if I would be able to catch that kind of a deal at the pier? I am fairly new to posting on here and I could use all of the help I can get...Thanks to all!!!!

Hey "Clackey", I see you are from Arkansas too!! Thanks for your help, We leave on November 26th. I think we will go on and book with one of the three you have listed. They e-mailed me back right away and seem to give a personal tour to your wants/needs. Just was not sure if we could find a taxi the day we are there for around the same price? We are going with another couple and not sure what they want to do , so kinda wanted to leave it open if possible. Debbie

We were on the Valor in April. We didn't have any specific plans for Roatan and we got off the ship and hired a cab for the day. It was $20 pp and well worth it. We had 7 in our group. The taxi gives you a tour guide that stays with you for the day so you don't worry about getting back to the ship in time. We went to west end beach for the day and then had a tour of the island on the way back to the ship. It was one of our favorite stops!

Karen

I highly recommend Bodden Tours. We reserved a car on-line. You do not pay anything at all until after your tour has ended. Victor Bodden met us at the pier & introduced us to our driver, Ali. They were both great guys & we had a wonderful day. They will take you anywhere you want to go & will make recommendations too. We had been to Roatan once before & took a ship excursion but sure enjoyed our day with Ali much more. When we go back to Roatan we will definitely book with Victor again.

Archived