Taxi from SEATAC to Pier 66

We are due to arrive at 10:30 AM on the 24th at SEATAC. Will it be very easy to catch a taxi to Pier 66 from the airport?

What should we expect to pay for 2 people?

Thanks for your help.

2Scots

It will be very easy. Just follow the ground transportation signs. You take the escalators from baggage claim up one level. Cross the sky bridge to the garage and then go back down one level. There is the taxi stand. There is only one taxi company that can pick passengers up at the airport - STITA. Of course, fares are regulated.

Fares to the pier should be in the 30+ range depending on traffic.

Hi - thanks so much for the information on the taxi's. I would imagine that on a Saturday morning (10:30 AM) traffic would be light.

Is light traffic typical on a Saturday morning as opposed to a weekday work morning traffic?

Thanks again,

2Scots

Thank you so I should expect about a 20 minute ride to Pier 66 from the airport?

20 - 30 minutes. Traffic on Alaskan Way, where the cruise terminal is located, can get hairy duruing embark/disembark time. Freight trains also cross through the area, so no matter the time of day or night, a train can hold things up.

Double check the fare signs posted inside the cab. It's supposed to be a flat fee into downtown (something like $30). But, I don't know if the waterfront area is considered part of "downtown" - in other words, I don't know the flat rate boundaries because I never take a cab from Seatac to downtown. I live another 4 miles north.

Otherwise, I've never had problems with STITA cabs. They are 99 percent reliable and honest. Have fun!

Archived