Captain Nautica's snorkel

maudde

Before I left on my cruise, I looked for info. regarding anyone who had done an excursion with Nautica's power raft snorkel. I didn't find any info. I signed up for this excursion in St. Thomas on my cruise May 28. It was FANTASTIC! This is not a relaxing ride out to snorkel. It is a power raft that goes really fast through the water. When you hit the waves, you will fly off the water and come back down pretty hard at times. It is definitely thrilling. As far as the snorkeling, the sites were just great. We went to a couple of different spots. One we saw serveral sea turtles, schools of fish and some nice coral. On our second stop, we saw a shipwreck, a lot of different types of fish and it was just a beautiful area. They also asked if we would like to go to a beach for awhile, which everyone on our boat did. There was a total of 11 of us on the raft. The beach was one that is only accessable by small boats. It was really a relaxing treat. Our guides, KC and Jay were the best. They made it clear this was our trip and they were there to take us where we wanted to go. They were very funny and very knowledgable. They served sodas and water throughout the trip and offered shrimp cocktail after the snorkeling. The shrimp was so fresh and tasted great. After each snorkel stop, they also offered melon, which tasted so good after being in the water. So if anyone is thinking about this snorkel trip, I personally had a great time and would recommend it. However, like I said, it is a crazy ride, so be prepared. Have Fun!!

Archived