AAdvance Bag Check Service in San Juan?

Hiya fellow cc'ers :D Hopefully one of you wonderful fellow board members can answer a question I have. I am sailing on the AOS 10/1/06 and have a question regarding the AAdvance Bag Check Service I read about on the American Airlines website. We will be flying out of San Juan via AA @ 5:30 in the afternoon on 10/8/06, so we would rather not go directly to the airport after disembarkment. Does anyone know if this service is offered @ the pier so we could just check our bags upon disembarkment @ the pier and then visit San Juan until our flight is scheduled to depart without dragging our bags with us? I would really apreciate any insight anyone may have regarding this issue. Thanks so much in advance for everyones help!!!!!

If I remember right you need to sign up for this while still on the ship.....

Seems like it was by Thursday ( we were on Serenade and our cruise ended on Sat. morning).

THERE WILL BE INFO IN THE COMPASS !!!!

It was $ 10.00 per person for this service.

Hi:

We were on the Adventure this past March and we used this service, and I really liked it. There will be a notice in your room, around Thursday if I recall right, and you sign up for it and pay $10 per person. It was nice to be able to hand over your luggage at the dock and not have to take it to the airport. The only mistake we made; we also had a late flight, around 5:30 PM, and instead of doing something during that time between the ship and our flight, we just went to the airport and waited. If we were to do it again, we would definitely book a tour that day, or at least do something other than just wait at their airport. We found a couple of seats and took turns leaving them to go get something to eat or use the restroom, but when I left, my husband had to save my seat, because as the day progressed, these seats were hard to come by and many people ended up sitting on the floor. That is a very busy airport, and also a Sunday, and there just weren't enough seats.

Other than that, we had a truly wonderful time on the AOS. Out of the 40 cruises we have taken, this ranks right up there as being one of the very best and one I would love to take again.

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10:)

Archived