How strict are they on "sharing" soda card?

I debated about the soda card also and have pretty much decided against it. My husband drinks iced tea and my son doesn't drink a lot of soda. I was told that the iced tea and lemonade were free. Is this correct? I was also told that it would be a good idea to maybe buy a bottle of water (I guess they are large bottles) and we could bring our own iced tea packets. I figured a soda once in a while would be a treat for Max. Any thoughts on this?

Pam

Yes, iced tea and lemonade are included, as are coffee and hot tea and I think milk. If you don't plan to drink much soda, there would be no reason to purchase the soda sticker. Just pay as you go. Also, since iced tea is included, I don't think I'd buy bottles of water and make my own.

It's not a big deal. I got a soda card on our cruise and every once in a while my dh would take a sip . We would never get two glasses , he would take some of mine. I think it's funny how some people think it's stealing when RCCL charges $60 for a soda card. Now that's stealing , and to top it off they give you a tiny insulated cup and they fill that with ice , just to make it as inconveniant as possible. For $60 i can purchase 24 12 packs of soda. Unreal.

If you want to talk about unreal, what does the price you pay for soda in a grocery store have to do with the price you pay on a cruise ship or in a restaurant or at an amusement park or at a movie or anywhere else?:confused: Last time I checked, all of these places (not just cruise ships) are in the business of making money. I can buy food at a grocery store for less than I pay at a restaurant, but so what?!

Not judging, just passing on information...

oh topic??

Ethics are what you do when no one is watching you. In the end, it doesn't really matter what we on this board think about you sharing a soda card. It is between you and your conscience to decide whether two people sharing a card intended for one person is right or wrong. Since you had to ask the question, you already know the answer...

But, of course, you're not judging anyone... :rolleyes:

Lisa -

Here's another spin on your question. You're not actually getting soda cards. What you get is a sticker that goes on your sea pass, so it's kind of obvious if you are not using your own.

Not always true - my DH has one of the gender neutral names, one more commonly used these days for a girl and everytime he used his card the bartender would ask me if it was ok! hehehe I said, ask him, its his card, then sometimes I would show them my card.

If you want to talk about unreal, what does the price you pay for soda in a grocery store have to do with the price you pay on a cruise ship or in a restaurant or at an amusement park or at a movie or anywhere else?:confused: Last time I checked, all of these places (not just cruise ships) are in the business of making money. I can buy food at a grocery store for less than I pay at a restaurant, but so what?!

Well, yes, of course food is cheaper from the grocery store, but you still have to take it home, cook it and clean up - not exactly the same analogy.

We always pack a small (22") rolling suitcase with bottled water (for me) and 24 oz. bottles of Diet Pepsi (for DH). We bring insulated carriers with shoulder straps to bring these on excursions, etc. We both drink iced tea or lemonade at meals and purchase beer, wine, etc. After the trip, we have an empty suitcase for souveniers and general overflow (stuff always seems to expand on the way home).

Archived