Laundry on board?

I am heading on the Brilliamce in 12 days, and it just dawned on me to ask if anyone knows if they have any laundry facilities on board? It will allow me to pack half the stuff if I can wash a load half way through the cruise. :)

We used the pressing, laundry and dry cleaning services liberally on our recent cruise (although I still brought way too much stuff)! There will be tickets in your room and you can specify laundry, dry cleaning, or pressing only. I just left the items and the ticket for the stateroom attendant when we went to dinner; they will be back before 5:00 p.m. the next afternoon. Everything was done very nicely. I even sent out some things I was a little nervous about because they needed special handling (line dried, cool pressed) and they came back in beautiful condition. It really made the trip easier and less stressful, and as others have said, the prices really aren't bad.

Pressing is 50% of the cleaning price. Therefore, it would cost the following amounts:

Suit: $3.50

Pants: $2.13

Jacket: $2.25

Sweater: $2.00

Coat: $3.50

Tie: $2.00

Shirt: $1.75

Shorts: $1.50

Vest: $1.25

Silk Pajamas: $2.25

Evening Gown: $4.00

Dress: $3.50

Silk Blouse: $2.50

Silk Dress: $4.00

Skirt: $2.25

Blouse: $2.00

Conversely, the cost of dry cleaning would be double the amounts listed above. Laundry prices are a bit lower than cleaning.

If it is 50% less than the cleaning price, is it 50% less than the "dry cleaning" price or the "laundry" price? Thanks so much for your reply!

Good question. I'm looking at my pressing receipt right now. I checked off the items in the column for laundry (as they were all washable) and indicated "press only" under special instructions. I was charged $8.50 to have four shirts and one dress pressed. So, my guess is that if it's something that can be laundered, it's half of the laundry price. If it's something that must be dry-cleaned, it's half of the cleaning price. Some items, like a suit, don't appear under laundry at all--only dry cleaning.

Sorry I can't be more help--this cruise is the first time I've used the service.

Thanks, that's a big help.:D

You can akway wash things in the sink then hang them up in the shower and use the shampoo soap they have on the ship then if they need pressing send them for pressing. I found out that the shampoo work out great. They have a line in your shower to hang them on.

Tj

You can akway wash things in the sink then hang them up in the shower and use the shampoo soap they have on the ship then if they need pressing send them for pressing. I found out that the shampoo work out great. They have a line in your shower to hang them on.

Tj

We brought a some liquid detergent in a small bottle with us and used that to wash a few T-shirts in the sink and then dried them on the line in the shower.

No big deal.

janiebobanie. I really don't see the reason for you to be so rude to someone who is a respected member of our Cruise Critic community. I could say something else, but I just don't get your attitude.

best to ignore trollish behavior. Jane's opinion has been made clear in many of her posts.

I've used the service on RCI many times and been VERY pleased. It does save room in the packing process. I also have rinsed out lingerie in my sink with some Woolite (wish I knew where to buy the packets). It's nice to save room for the things I purchase if I can. Although the more cruises I take, the less stuff I bring back. :)

best to ignore trollish behavior. Jane's opinion has been made clear in many of her posts.

I've used the service on RCI many times and been VERY pleased. It does save room in the packing process. I also have rinsed out lingerie in my sink with some Woolite (wish I knew where to buy the packets). It's nice to save room for the things I purchase if I can. Although the more cruises I take, the less stuff I bring back. :)

I am sorry to you for her fireing at me but I prefer to take the High road with her . She hasn't written 1 nice post to anyone for the posts I have read .So with that I leave for the Navigator today for 6 weeks.

Tj

We just arrived home after a wonderful 12 day cruise of the Med. on the Brilliance....That cruise was truly amazing! More than we ever expected!

There are no luandry facilities for you to do your own laundry unfortunately.

I got around this successfully by bringing a small plastic bottle filled with GAIN detergent to do hand washing in the bathroom sink. I also brought plastic clothes pins, a nylon rope, and a plastic hanger. I also brought along a 3 in 1 "GIZMO" from Black and Decker (purchased at Wal-Mart). It is an iron, a STEAMER, and a pressing tool all in one. We only used the steam feature with great success. We also had a balcony room so at night (when no one could see the laundry hanging) I tied the rope from two deck chairs and clipped on any laundry I wanted dried overnight. After hand washing the soiled garments I just let the sea air do it's magic! It worked like a charm! Hope these tips help! Have a great cruise! :)

Kind of a stupid question but, if you are gone for over two weeks in the med, thats a lot of socks and lingerie you have to bring. Do you usually wash it in the sink and let it dry in the cabin, just bring enough for the whole trip or send it in to be cleaned through the ship?

If you have a balcony use the method I described earlier. If you have an inside cabin, there is a thin lingerie clothes line hooked up in your shower stall on the R.C. Brilliance of the Seas. I found that even though I brought enough clothes for 12 days, I sometimes wanted to wear a favorite item a second time. I am a clean freak so I only wear things once before re-washing ;)

Spkg. of laundry, does anyone have tips on where to get some SMALL plastic clothes pins? I've looked at Target, WalMart, all the dollar stores. We're going to be gone for 16 days and I just don't want to pack everything in my closet. And I am like CherylAnne, I can only wear something once except for pants and skirts, which I can wear a couple of times. But tops, only once. Apparently all the people who write travel articles about bringing two tops and two pairs of pants in a backpack for a 2 week trip don't perspire or sweat at all.

Thanks for any help! Carol

Spkg. of laundry, does anyone have tips on where to get some SMALL plastic clothes pins? I've looked at Target, WalMart, all the dollar stores. We're going to be gone for 16 days and I just don't want to pack everything in my closet. And I am like CherylAnne, I can only wear something once except for pants and skirts, which I can wear a couple of times. But tops, only once. Apparently all the people who write travel articles about bringing two tops and two pairs of pants in a backpack for a 2 week trip don't perspire or sweat at all.

Thanks for any help! Carol

Do you have a KMart nearby? Also, check at an arts and crafts store...I have found clothespins there before, although now I can't remember if they were plastic or not.

Also, if you have somplace like an ACE Hardware or Menards, they would probably have them.

Archived