Weather in South Pacific...

I know I could go to the Hawaii boards to ask this, but aint nothing like the RCI folks who know it all! *wink*

Anyways, we are cruising to Hawaii (Sept 05) and are leaving from Vancouver, Canada with 5 days straight at sea and then 6 days in Hawaii....anyone know what the weather is generally like during Sept at this time, both at sea and in Hawaii? I know a few of you have done this cruise so perhaps you might know?

Thanks y'all! :)

Actually, believe it or not, the Hawaiian Islands are not really that far south...still more than 1,400 miles from the equator... the first part of your cruise will be chilly on deck. If it's sunny during the day though, you can still probably get some sun in a wind protected area, and it will get warmer and warmer. Once in the islands it will be very warm and humid. Have fun!

We did this cruise slightly later October 8 2002. Vancouver was fairly warm the day we sailed, however the first 3 days at sea were very cool, not many people out on deck, also sun didn't really come out. Hurricane had just hit Mexico and pacific was affected all the way down the coast the ship rolled a lot, people were getting sadder and sadder, but the sea got better and the sun came out a day a way from Hawaii and it was great from then on. We didn't mind the weather as it gave use time to do things inside the ship that we wouldn't usually do as we would usually be reading a book in the sun. Would I do it again. Yes in a heartbeat it was such a wonderful cruise and well worth the long flight from the Uk.

Archived