First timers

Read all you can on this board. You will learn everything you need to know. Couple threads now about 'best tips' and what 'not to do'. Check those out. Main thing have fun!

Will be sailing on Conquest 8/27/06. Any suggestions for first timers?

We sailed the Conquest on May. Great Ship!! The cruise and passengers were alot of fun. Long ride from Houston to Port of Galveston. The earlier you can arrive the better. We didn't get to the ship until just before sailing & we had to hussle.

Be careful in Jamaica....would suggest sticking to the tours. We didn't & were hassled by the locals with drugs and to buy things.

Grand Caymen is beautiful. Loved the "Sea grape beach"

In Cozemel the kids did the dophin swim and loved it...

Have a great cruise

Don't miss the Mardi Gras deck party on Tuesday night. Lot's of fun!

In Jamaica I'd stick with an excursion or a cab to Sunset beach. I haven't tried Sunset Beach yet, but it gets great reviews.

I think the stingrays are not to be missed in Grand Cayman. Unless you're just really nervous about doing excursions not through Carnival, I'd book this independently. The ship's tour is much more expensive and crowded than some of the others. Soto's, Nativeway, Captain Marvin...are a few of the tour companies that do the stingray swim combined with snorkeling and other site seeing.

In Cozumel, I really liked the tour to Tulum, but there are a lot of other things that would be great too. I think I might try the Mexican cooking class that Carnival offers next time.

Hope this helps a little. :)

1. Get to your distination 1 or 2 days earily and enjoy the sites of that town.

2. Ensure you put your Luggage tags and the Cabin number on your checked in Luggage.

3. Once you get your Sail and Sign card, check on it to ensure you have the proper dining times, if not head down to the Dining room and talk to the Maitre'd to get it changed.

4. Bring with you lots of 10's, 5's and 1's to tip with.

5. As soon as you board, head to your cabin to drop your carry on bags and then head up to Lido Deck to fill up on some good chow.

6. Take lots of Pictures and Video if you have a cam.

7. Don't forget an extention cord and also a 3 way outlet to plug more then one item.

8. Don't forget the Fish and Chips above Lido deck.

9. Enjoy your cruise!!!:D

Archived