First time on Princess - any suggestions?

J and H

Hi All,

My partner and I are sailing on the Regal Princess 10 day Alaska from San Fran on 7/15. Never been on Princess before...anyone have any good tips, ideas, suggestions? We love to have fun (within limits - LOL) but a nice sauna would be a little fun :)

Thanks!

Guys I have cruised Princess 7 times in the past 2 years mostly with my partner and once with my mother. I personally feel they give a lot of value for the money you dish out on a cruise....very gay tolerant, mostly well travelled passengers and excellent service and food...you'll be hooked I am sure.:cool: :eek: :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
My partner and I have been on two cruises with Princess. The Grand/W. Caribbean and the Star/ Mex Riviera.

We enjoyed ourselves immensely and recommend it highly. If possible, get a mini-suite. You can carry-on all you like or be very subdued. It is a great line and the staff is very accomodating.

Brennivan.

My partner and I cruised on the Grand Princess last year along with some friends and before we left the dock one of the dancers came up to us and told us about "Friends of Dorothy" he would be hosting and to watch the daily activity sheet they place in your room. On the Tuesday of the sailing we all met in one of the cocktail lounges and about 12 couples showed up. Our dinner table went from 4 to 24. Loved it. We became very good friends with two of couples at the table and have stayed in touched. The staff were very nice.
RCCL is also a good cruise line.

[QUOTE] Enjoy the cruise. I'll be on the one going out on the 25th and will let you know how it goes. Any replies re: sauna/steam. Is it coed? [/QUOTE] [font=Comic Sans MS]Have heard it is not - and definitely is not on other Princess ships - but don't know for sure.[/font]

• 1 month later...
we were on grand last march, 7 day w/carib...met a couple from Kansas in this discussion board...met up with them once we were on board...had a great week...FOD meeting was Tuesday...about 30 in attendance...we spotted other family members on board who either chose not to attend or didn't know what FOD meeting was, but we knew most everyone by the time we got to the meeting (that old gaydar in overdrive)...hosted by one of the assistant cruise directors (gay)...glad I overpacked...unless you're into tuxes, one dark suit will work for both formals nights if you choose to participate, but you might feel left out if you don't...agree with the comment on the mini-suite...people say you're never in your cabin, but that's a crock...it was nice having the extra space to spread out and relax, particularly when getting ready for dinner, or after a day running around on shore...also, since we made friends, nice to have the extra space to entertain

Archived