Celebrities on carnival

miktams

has anyone ever heard of or seen any celebrities on any of the cruise lines? I dont want to be a stalker or anything like that i was curious to know if they appreciate that type of vacation like we all do or are they spoiled to that type of lifestyle already? or are they just "to good for that"

Guest YesitDonna

I was once on a sailing with Bowzer from Sha Nah Nah and my May cruise had Richard Simons and his cruise to lose people on there... do they count?

I wouldn't call this a "celebrity", but for any Big Brother fans out there, on a recent Conquest cruise in May we met "Cowboy" from last year's Big Brother. He really enjoyed the roulette wheel - was there almost every day and/or night.

Guest YesitDonna

LOL no, no shorts in the dining room but he did wear his "signiture" shorts. He was very nice and willing to take pictures with people that weren't with his group as well I heard.

Back in 2002 (I think), I took my daughters on our first cruise...4-nights on the Disney Wonder...very nervous to try cruising, but haven't looked back since!

Anyway, it happened to be a Disney cruise with the popular teenybopper star (of that time), Aaron Carter. Saw him a few times on the ship. Did a photo line with him and the camera malfunctioned...no picture with my then-9yo daughter...she was crushed. Saw him the next day on a deck above the Lido with two "handlers." Asked if we could take his picture w/my daughter, since the camera film was jammed the day before. He said no because "everybody would want to do the same thing." I looked around and commented that no one was even on the same deck! They refused. It was a life lesson for my kids.

AND...WHERE IS AARON CARTER NOW?!?!?!?!?!?;)

We're still cruising!:D

When we married in 2000, unbeknownst to us, we were also on the Richard Simons Cruise to Lose. We did see Mr. Simons from time to time. I completely forgot about that until I read someone else was on a cruise to lose.

Bonnie

Back in 2002 (I think), I took my daughters on our first cruise...4-nights on the Disney Wonder...very nervous to try cruising, but haven't looked back since!

Anyway, it happened to be a Disney cruise with the popular teenybopper star (of that time), Aaron Carter. Saw him a few times on the ship. Did a photo line with him and the camera malfunctioned...no picture with my then-9yo daughter...she was crushed. Saw him the next day on a deck above the Lido with two "handlers." Asked if we could take his picture w/my daughter, since the camera film was jammed the day before. He said no because "everybody would want to do the same thing." I looked around and commented that no one was even on the same deck! They refused. It was a life lesson for my kids.

AND...WHERE IS AARON CARTER NOW?!?!?!?!?!?;)

We're still cruising!:D

Oh that sucks for her :( It's funny how he seems to have stayed a teenybopper star for so long now, he rode the coat tails of his older brother.. One of my best friends daughters is just IN LOVE with him... posters all over the walls, all she listens to, LOL...apparently he has a new reality show coming out this fall... I know if I told her that someone on here saw him on a cruise, she'd freak out (typically 12 year old, LOL!!!!!) Sorry that happened to your daughter, I know she was crushed...

Celebs I've seen on cruises:

I saw a couple of photos of Host Randy and GC on a cruise with a bunch of other people I don't know but am sure are celebs too.

Oh...

and Jerry Naill (Country music songwriter/singer) was on a cruise with me in June of 1985 on the Royal Princess to Alaska. He wrote a song about Bob Wills and starred in a movie in 1961 called "Tomboy and the Champ".

I'd be more excited to meet GC and Randy in person, though...:D

I was once on a sailing with Bowzer from Sha Nah Nah and my May cruise had Richard Simons and his cruise to lose people on there... do they count?

Hey - I cruised with Bowzer too! Back in '96 on RCL.

Last October we took a Disney cruise and Melvin Mora of the Orioles was there with his wife, daughter and quintuplets (four girls and a boy). It was hard to miss that crowd! I'm not a baseball fan so I had no idea, so someone had to point it out to me.

Scott

I did not see any celebrities on my Fantasy cruise last year, but I remember in high school I told my friends that one day I would go on a cruise and meet Steve Perry (lead singer of Journey back in the day!) and we would fall in love and get married. What can I say? I was like 15. But come to think of it, I don't think he is married and I am not married...Hmmmm. :rolleyes: Maybe I will meet a celebrity on the Glory in December?

I did not see any celebrities on my Fantasy cruise last year, but I remember in high school I told my friends that one day I would go on a cruise and meet Steve Perry (lead singer of Journey back in the day!) and we would fall in love and get married. What can I say? I was like 15. But come to think of it, I don't think he is married and I am not married...Hmmmm. :rolleyes: Maybe I will meet a celebrity on the Glory in December?

*LOL*

I am hoping that the blonde in the "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" video by Great White is still single. Maybe the 4 of us could have a double ceremony on board a ship one day *LOL*

God the 80s were fun *LOL* :)

Archived