QM2 Disembarkation Times for Southampton & NY (Brooklyn Terminal)

Cruise-Countess

We are booking back to back crossings for 26 Aug from Sthptn to NY and the return 6 Sept back to Southampton on QM2. How long is the disembarkation process in NY at the new Brooklyn terminal and for Sthptn from time of arrival at dock to departure from arrival terminal. Also does anyone have thoughts to Deck 11 forward cabins that they can share their experiences. Was there much movement felt so high up?

Hi

We are also on the Aug 26th crossing. Never sailed into Red Hook, however did quite a few QE2 crossings. Generally, it takes 2-3 hours to allow passengers to disembark. Ship docks at 6:00am this time, so I would say we shoudl be off around 9-10am.

However, it is a holiday weekend in the states which may mean a delay. I was on QE2 crossing the same holiday weekend in 2003 and we didn't get off until almost 11:30am because of the lack of NY baggage handlers and we had priority landing cards.

We crossed from New york the last week in May. Docking was scheduled for 9am and was on the dot. About 9:30 the Cunard booked airport passengers disembarked. We were off the ship at 10:30, about half the passengers were still on board.

Hi,

Looks like I will be on the Westbound sailing on Aug 27 from Southampton (though the ship will start in Hamburg). I did the maiden westbound crossing back in April 2004. I also have done the same cruise (arriving into NYC Labor Day Weekend) in 2000 & 2001. In fact our sailing arrived into NYC 9-4-2001 and we were actually the last arrival into NYC on the QE2 to see the Twin Towers. I will always remember that.

It does not matter whether it is a holiday or not as it is a Saturday and that and Sunday are the two biggest days for the stevadores who work the docks. You will never get off at 9:00am unless you do self service. I have done a total of 8 crossings on QE2 and one on QM2 and it takes a long time to get everyone cleared thru customs and it takes a long time to get the luggage for 2600 passengers off. I have been at the pier in NYC where people were still getting off the ship at 11:30am. The earliest I have ever gotten off was the 3 night Mothers Day Cruise in May 2004 and that was 9:30am.

A crossing is amazing and like no other cruise experience.

Bon voyage

Archived