Nativeway in Grand Cayman, a little warning....

4mycats

Just a note for anyone signing up with Nativeway in Grand Cayman for their snorkle or Stingray City tours. First I have to say the company was wonderful...worth every penney & more. However, unless you like living on the edge, sign up for the earlier morning excursions. We arrived in GC on the Conquest week before last. Our group had reservations for the 11:15 outing to Coral Gardens & Stingray City. We had a great time.

The last tender to the ship was at 3:00 pm. We were still stuck in rush hour traffic at 3:00 pm trying to get back to the tender terminal! We were in good company as just about everyone on the bus was also on the Conquest. We arrived in time to catch the last tender. It was now 3:10 pm. Seems there were quite a few folks running a little late that afternoon.

We were all a nervous wreck! After we reboarded, we heard them calling a bunch more guests names over the pa system (they do that when you haven't clocked back in on the ship via your sign & sail card).

It was very nerve wracking for all of us as we had heard that Carnival will not wait for guests that do not get back on the ship on time. We were told that they would wait if you were on a Carnival sponcered excursion & there was a holdup...but would not wait for guests that were running late on their own privately chartered excursions. I never really wanted to test this info out, if you know what I mean!

Moral of the story...book early & relax & have fun! Don't do what we did unless you really like living on the edge!LOL

Sorry about your tense momments. Because I live with tremendous stress everyday in my job, my vacation has to be stress free. That's why I spend the extra bucks to take Carnvial excursions. They say the ship won't leave you if you are on a Carnival excursion. I have no first hand knowledge of this since my excursions have always gotten me back well before sailing time. For me, it's worth the money not to have to worry.:)

Archived