Anyone on the Magica Dec. 17-23?

Hoosiergirls

Here is a message I received from a company today (from a sponsored link from this site) and it seems very reasonable. I originally thought I wouldn't fancy it, but after looking at a few websites and photos (especially one that has a short video clip) it looks really fun and maybe I will do it after all!

"Our new cruise offer for 2006/07 is USD $35 per adult (12 years up)

and $20 for children 5-11 (under 5 is free). The group leader from 12

pax up is complimentary, and the size of the group will determine any

more complimentary offers from us.

This of course, represents a special cruise offer from the regular

cave tubing rate of $45 - $65 offered all around.

The price includes clean passenger A/C vans/buses from the tourism

village where you disembark from your tenders from the ship,

professional caving guides fully licensed by our tourism board and

guide association, park entrance fees, and cave tubing equipment

(light, lifevests and tubes). Lunch can be arranged at about USD $5

with a drink (Belizean lunch/vegetarian dishes available). Not

everyone cares for lunch on this tour, but it is a good stop (Amigos

Restaurant on the western highway, which is an excellent Belizean road

food stop).

The size of your group can very well determine further discounts. We

can arrange this tour up to the day before arrival in Belize, via

e-mail/telephone from your ship, but it would be nice to finalize all

a few days before arrival.

We meet you inside the tourism village feet away from where you step

ashore from your tender, with a signboard - look for your name

displayed."

The company is called ***** Adventures Belize - anyone know anything about it? Very good price, especially if they have a discount for children.

PTCruisers, where did you visit in the Med? We were on Norwegian Jewel out of Barcelona in May.

Tracey

Here is a message I received from a company today (from a sponsored link from this site) and it seems very reasonable. I originally thought I wouldn't fancy it, but after looking at a few websites and photos (especially one that has a short video clip) it looks really fun and maybe I will do it after all!

The company is called ***** Adventures Belize - anyone know anything about it? Very good price, especially if they have a discount for children.

PTCruisers, where did you visit in the Med? We were on Norwegian Jewel out of Barcelona in May.

Tracey

Tracey - my name is CJ short for Cynthia - count me in on the cave tubing - we are a party of 4. I know Morgsmom was interested also for at least 2 I believe. How many are you? Let's firm up a count and try to reserve this! Heck with that low price - I could even do luch - although we usually hate to spend the time because we are so short in port.

We were on the Jewel for her maidsen voyage in 05 from London through Gibraltar and the Western med!! Beautiful ship - terrible service - maybe they hadn't gotten their act together because it was the maiden voyage? In 04 we did Princess back to back in the Baltic (cheap). Not as much to see and COLD! Last year we spent a week in Rome and did the Liberty around more eastern med. BEST cruise yet. This year we have back to back booked on the Freedom Italy and Greece. It is so much less expensive to stay on board we decided to cut the week ashore. My hubby says this is the last time to Europe! My son gradutes high school next year and the airfare is JUST too high!

On the Cozumel thread, I think I read something about a pier being opened at the end of last month after the dustruction by the hurricanes. Am I right in thinking that only 2 ships can dock there? Look at the Cozumel thread to find out more - maybe no-one will know yet where each ship will dock?? I did read that Chankanaab is not fully up and running (the gardens, etc are still closed) so I think we are going to Paradise Beach.

CJ - wow lots of European cruises. Lucky. We did Princess last summer from Southampton, a 10 night cruise around northern Europe and Norway. I love Princess. I am only an hour from Southampton so it was handy. A last minute thing. Nice ports but yes, it was cold and rainy. When you say Freedom, which ship do you mean. Freedom of the Seas? I thought that this ship was staying in the Caribbean? Navigator of the Seas is sailing from Southampton next summer but is VERY expensive in the school holidays for children whereas Costa this Christmas were next to nothing. Remind me - you are the ones on both sailings with us and the ones who asked if we fancied joining the $45 cave tubing?? Children similar ages (mine, 2 girls, 9 and 12)?? - TJ

Regarding cave tubing with Tom ***** - the details I posted earlier. I did a quick search earlier on on the Belize board and found only positive comments about him. Been out the rest of the day. It would be nice to get numbers organised and the date held for us - but could someone else do some research on this company as well?? I wouldn't like to hold the dates for us only to find out nearer the time that it would have been better / safer to book with someone else. Yes, let's try and get something definite organised. BTW I e-mailed him yesterday and said that it was good to get a child price for a change as most of us had children and things got expensive when children paid the same as adults - he then got back to me this morning and said that he would change the child age up to 12 instead of 11!!!

So, to clarify,

$35 per adult and child 13+.

$20 per child 12 and under.

I THINK there will be a park fee of $5 per person (from the research I did this morning on other posts, people seemed to pay $5 to get into the park).

$5 lunch if enough people want to stop (I am not bothered about that either way).

So maximum of $45 tubing, park fee and lunch for adults and $30 for children. Less if no lunch or if that includes park fee.

If we go, I think we will leave my mum on the ship as the last part of the road is bumpy so it is a long ride to sit and wait in the van.

Tracey

We will be on this cruise and also want to go cave tubing; we have two teen-age boys. Do they have lockers for stuff? E-mail me if someone is getting a group together? This will be our 3rd Costa cruise.

One more question anyone remember the price of Masi (or Mosi) wine?

the last two cruises we got the wine package, price is up this year. We prefer the wine wine. Maybe we will just order the Masi? wine if cheaper than a package.

--love cruises, are we having 2 dress-up nights since its just six days? Thank you.

9 weeks and we will be boarding :)

CJ - when you have looked into this company then I think we should get a proper booking done for cave tubing as the numbers are going up!

Everyone let me know what they think about ***** Adventures (*****) and I can then start to get proper numbers and e-mail Tom back.

On his website now and it says the $35 includes all taxes and park entrance so I will check that with him.

Tracey

Jones party of 4 (2 adults, 2 children)

As I look at the cruise calender, I see that there will be a totoal of 6 ships in port the day we are there. 3 of them are scheduled to arrive before us, another will arrive at the same time, and the last one will arrive 1-1/2 hours after us.

My guess would be that we will be tendering, and possibly sharing the available tenders with another ship.

We will have to wait and see. Whatever happens, it will still be 1000% better than a day at work :D

Kurt

:o HI everyone! We were in Bar Harbor, ME vacationing the past couple of days (and saw the ms Maasdam, the Amsterdam and the SeaPrincess in town on three subsquent days!)

Yes, we are party of 2 (Mom & 10 year old daughter). We're up for the cave tubing --anything is cheaper than the official excursion.

We've been to Cozumel 2x since the hurricanes and it is still a mess. We will be tendering.

On formal nights, there will be two: Monday & Friday nights (my TA asked Costa directly.) Don't know about Toga night... I'm definitely looking forward to that!

I found this on another tread, check it out:)

You can see a story about President Fox re-opening the pier on this Cozumel information site.

Although Punta Langosta is now open again no ships are docking there this week. According to a story in local newspaper Por Esto today, Carnival cruise lines aren't sending ships there as the pier owners have increased their docking fee by 50 cents per passenger.

For those that read Spanish the Por Esto story is here. IslandJim has also kindly summarised the full story in English in this thread.

As usual, there have been other rumours about what is happening and this seems to be just the latest development in the telenovela (soap opera) of Cozumel's piers.

Of course, docking is more convenient than tendering, but at least if you do still have to tender the service is generally good. So, whether you dock or tender I'm sure you'll still enjoy your stop in Cozumel!

:o HI everyone! We were in Bar Harbor, ME vacationing the past couple of days (and saw the ms Maasdam, the Amsterdam and the SeaPrincess in town on three subsquent days!)

Yes, we are party of 2 (Mom & 10 year old daughter). We're up for the cave tubing --anything is cheaper than the official excursion.

We've been to Cozumel 2x since the hurricanes and it is still a mess. We will be tendering.

On formal nights, there will be two: Monday & Friday nights (my TA asked Costa directly.) Don't know about Toga night... I'm definitely looking forward to that!

My daughter will be 10 in January - looks like a lot of girls aroudn the same ages.

Looks like the group for cave tubing is growing. I have found lots of positive things about Tom ***** and yes, the $35 includes the park entrance. Tom e-mails back to my queries the same day and gives very detailed info. Anyone else any views on this company and then I can start to take names and numbers?

Tracey

PS What are people's plans fro Roatan?

My daughter will be 10 in January - looks like a lot of girls aroudn the same ages.

Looks like the group for cave tubing is growing. I have found lots of positive things about Tom ***** and yes, the $35 includes the park entrance. Tom e-mails back to my queries the same day and gives very detailed info. Anyone else any views on this company and then I can start to take names and numbers?

Tracey

PS What are people's plans fro Roatan?

Last year we sailed over Christmas week and brought small presents for our room steward, waiter & assistant waiter to thank them for making our holiday special while they were so far away from their own. I went out yesterday (yes, I am early, but it will be one thing off of my list) and bought pretty Calendars (with Pocket sized ones, too) which I'll wrap and give as gifts to our crew again. In the past, we've also brought t-shirts from our hometown of Orlando (size XL because you never know) or Local candies. Just a thought :rolleyes: as we are so fortunate to be able to do this cruise.

Also -- if you are traveling with children, it is fun to bring holiday window clings (from the dollar store) to decorate your cabin since they don't weigh anything, but most lines do NOT allow strings of lights

CJ - when you have looked into this company then I think we should get a proper booking done for cave tubing as the numbers are going up!

Everyone let me know what they think about ***** Adventures (*****) and I can then start to get proper numbers and e-mail Tom back.

On his website now and it says the $35 includes all taxes and park entrance so I will check that with him.

Tracey

I say book it - I found this reference and a couple of others:

4-star.gif This place was Great

We had a super day in Belize! We went on a private excursion through Major Tom *****'s company. We were met at the pier by our guide - a totally dapper, charming, native Belizean who'd travelled all over. He drove us in an air conditioned van to the site and introduced us to our cave guide. We got our gear and off we went for a nice, nonstrenuous hike through the rainforest. Finally, we came to the cave entrance and into the water we went! Mom was a real trooper, overcoming her serious water fears and hanging in there throughout the day! After the ride through the caves and down the river (bottoms up!), we had a leisurely stroll back to the site. Once there, we were treated to a traditional Belizean BBQ lunch - yum! A super day overall!!!

NOTE: I used a disposable water proof camera that day and have yet to get the film processed and put on disk. I will post pics once I do that.

I am kind of worried about getting sick from food and drink ashore but if that is what the group wants - count us in!

Tracey

Found this review and a couple of others on line:

4-star.gif This place was Great

We had a super day in Belize! We went on a private excursion through Major Tom *****'s company. We were met at the pier by our guide - a totally dapper, charming, native Belizean who'd travelled all over. He drove us in an air conditioned van to the site and introduced us to our cave guide. We got our gear and off we went for a nice, nonstrenuous hike through the rainforest. Finally, we came to the cave entrance and into the water we went! Mom was a real trooper, overcoming her serious water fears and hanging in there throughout the day! After the ride through the caves and down the river (bottoms up!), we had a leisurely stroll back to the site. A super day overall!!!

NOTE: I used a disposable water proof camera that day and have yet to get the film processed and put on disk. I will post pics once I do that.

I say book it - we are party of four: Fred and Cynthia, Kyle (17) and Kendall (11).

Also, anyone else up for ziplining in Roatan - I think Morgsmom stated interest before?

So let's start a proper roll call for Tom ***** in Belize.

Tracey and Simon

Katie (12) and Emily (8)

Fred and Cynthia

Kyle (17) and Kendall (11)

Donna (mum) and Morgan (10)

Any other definites and then I will e-mail Tom? djsmeenge? I am not bothered about eating ashore - but will go along with what others want.

Have e-mailed Tom with the 10 so far. here is a copy of the tour voucher with the practical details. Have asked for a group discount (if over 12) instead of one person going free. We are in port 8 am till 8pm so should we try and aim for late morning (we won't get a tender anyway until all the organised tours are off)? Gives everyone time for a leisurely breakfast and back at the ship in time to do some shopping. It will probably take an hourish to get off the ship and to the dock (from what I remember, the tender is a long ride in Belize as the ship is a far way out at sea).

***** Adventures Belize

Belize’s Premier Independent Native Tour Operator – Established 1984

Cor. G & 15th Streets, King’s Park, Belize City, Belize, Central America (P.O. Box 502)

CONFIRMATION TOUR VOUCHER

PORT NAME BELIZE CITY – Tour Voucher

GUEST(S) TRACEY JONES (Numbers to be confirmed)

Tour Details : Wed 20 Dec 06 “COSTA MAGICA” (UK) Ship

Duration : 5 hours (Cave Tubing & Rainforest Exploration)

Directions : Met on shore at the Dock as you disembark. We are

Organized for this.

Cancellations : Full Refund if tour is cancelled for any reason

No cancellation charges apply to you.

Payment : Please pay cash or traveller’s cheques once ashore

(special 06/07 rate)

Trip Description: As detailed in e-mail correspondence from us.

Special : Please notify your guide(s) upon arrival if any special physical

Conditions apply to you, including food requirements

Worth Repeating : Bring along sun block, fly repellant, hat/cap (optional)

Extra clothes, footwear and towel

Timings : Please note LAST TENDER time; guides will also check

########################################################################

24 Hour Primary Contacts: (501) 600 – 0845 or 3751

Office : (501) 203-0361

Email : info@*****

Web: http://www.*****

Cave Tubing Since 1992 – the Cosmological Journey of the Ancient Maya

:p I really want to go on this cruise, but having probelms getting flights from Tenerife at a reasonable price

the cruise is a gift though! Check out the British page for incredible prices, cheaper than the USA for once . . . . .

Yes, it is cheaper than the US for once AND children are £89 both that week and Christmas week!!! That makes it even better. Flights are the problem at that time of year unless you can fly in a few days early?

Anyone else to add to the list for cave tubing? Numbers stand at 10 at the moment.

Morgsmom, I may get in touch nearer the time regarding the drive down to FL as we fly in the day before, stay in our villa the night and then drive down the next day. We will probably go straight down the 27 towards Lake Wales and then cut across (we did that once to a cruise from Miami). How long do you reckon and what time are you intending to leave?

We are actually going to Naples, FL the day before and getting a ride "across Alligator Alley" from Naples to Fort Lauderdale -- my Dad doesn't want us leaving my car (with presents in the trunk) at the port for the week. We intend to get there around noon, as we usually do for cruises. (Sometimes earlier out of Port Canaveral as we are only 30 minutes away and get so excited to get to the port that we wind up there around 11 am and usually are some of the first passengers on the ship!!)

Archived