Pride of Hawaii Oceanview Stateroom Categories

mitsguy2001

From my experience on the Jewel which I believe is a sister ship, my family had a room midship on deck 5 on the starboard side. We didin't hear any noise from above or below. It was great to wake up in the morning with a picture window which was quite large.:) :)

OK the balcony stateroom on the POH is smaller than any stateroom, including inside staterooms, on all the cruises that I have been on. And it doesn't help the way they placed the furniture in their room giving you barely any room to walk.

do you know the sq ft of the inside rooms, i would figure that a balcony room would be bigger....plus the added "extra room" of having a balcony:(

From my experience on the Jewel which I believe is a sister ship, my family had a room midship on deck 5 on the starboard side. We didin't hear any noise from above or below. It was great to wake up in the morning with a picture window which was quite large.:) :)

What room number did you have?

I also notice that many Deck 5 starboard side rooms are below a bar. Are those rooms noisy?

What room number did you have?

I also notice that many Deck 5 starboard side rooms are below a bar. Are those rooms noisy?

Also, is it bad to be next door to a connecting room? And, should I avoid booking a room that can accommodate 4 people?

Can anyone tell me the sleeping arrangements in the minis? We have 4 people and are concerned about the type of beds (pullman,couch,trundle?). Also, is there much of a difference in size between the minis and the balcony cabins?

It's great to hear so many comments about the ship and all your experiences. Thanks for posting, we will do the same when we return. Our cruise on the POH is 1/22/07.

Arlene

I have another question about the POH. Are there self-serve laundries onboard? I think I read something about them. Do you know where they are? We certainly made use of them on the Dawn, and since there are 7 of us , including 3 little children, we will need them . We're coming from the east coast and staying in Oahu for a week pre-cruise, so whatever we can do to lighten our packing will help.

Thanks for your help again.

Arlene

I believe that the mini-suites consist of two twin beds that convert to a queen size bed. there is also a sofa-bed that pulls out to a double. I'd assume that you'd fit two in the twins/queen and two on the sofabed. If you're trying to fit 4 adults into a single cabin, the mini-suites would be your best bet while trying to stay underneath the penthouse categories (Category AB would be the next biggest choice for 4 people in one cabin). I'd imagine those extra couple of square feet (64, i believe) of cabin space might come in handy athough it depends entirely on how much their charging for that extra space. Don't forget you also get a slightly larger balcony, larger sofa, bathtub, available concierge service (although they usually give priority to the higher category rooms) and curtain dividing the sofa bed and the regular beds in a mini-suite.

Here's a beautiful photo album which has a bunch of shots of different cabin categories including mini-suite and balcony (balconies have the bluish/aqua sofa while mini-suites have the red/orange sofa) and also many nice shots of different public areas of the ship.

Edit: Yes there are self-service laundry rooms onboard as the PoH and the Dawn are practically the same. they should be in the same location as the ones you found on the Dawn but just in case they are not, bobnsandi posted that their locations. Thanks bobnsandi!

For anyone that has stayed in a suite on Deck 11 on the POH, did you have any problems with noise from the pools, deck chairs, etc. on Deck 12? Many thanks.

We are going on our first cruse in Ocrober for our honeymoon and will also be staying in an AG Category Mini Suie but may get up graded to AF. (I really don't know what the difference is).

We are also concerned about the noise at night and am glad you alerted us to get a room away from the elevators and laundry. I already alerted my cruse agent about this.

If anyone else has been in an AG Mini Suite we would love to hear what you experienced.

Audiocracy, thanks so much for your info. We're happy to hear about the laundry. I'm sure the minisuite will be just fine for us. Last cruise , in Feb., we were in an inside on the Spirit with 2 adults, 2 kids and had no problem. However, it was two women and the kids, might be different with a man along! We always have a great time, no matter the cabin or the ship.

I appreciate your help.

Arlene

OK - here it is! I just returned from POH, sailed the 19th. Pick another ship! I just fired off a 2 page letter with all of the problems we had. As far as the rooms we were cat EE rooms 5094/5096. No noise at all, nice window to see the mountains. We were one floor above the exit to each stop, easy access. You will want to get off of the ship as much as possible to enjoy the islands, not much to do on the ship.

Remember this is an american crew and they do not give service with the attitude of a foriegn based ship. Many had quit on the POH when we went.

See my post under Hawaii forum.

• 3 months later...
OK - here it is! I just returned from POH, sailed the 19th. Pick another ship! I just fired off a 2 page letter with all of the problems we had. As far as the rooms we were cat EE rooms 5094/5096. No noise at all, nice window to see the mountains. We were one floor above the exit to each stop, easy access. You will want to get off of the ship as much as possible to enjoy the islands, not much to do on the ship.

Remember this is an american crew and they do not give service with the attitude of a foriegn based ship. Many had quit on the POH when we went.

See my post under Hawaii forum.

Hi. Can you tell me if there was a sitting area in the EE cabin on POH? We were told there was, but the photos/floor plans I've seen don't seem to show any.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Archived