We Are From Scotland Kilt V Dinner Suit?

darceyg

I vote for wearing your Kilt. We have a very dear friend that is Scottish and he always wears his kilt for Formal occassions. Everyone loves to see him in it.

As for the jacket in the dining room question, I have seen men with and without jackets in the dining room. I personally feel that men look more "finished" (and handsome!) with a dinner jacket though.

Cheers,

M.

P.S. A gentle reminder, or in case you were unaware; using all capital letters is seen as shouting on line, you may want to consider utilizing upper and lower.

WE ARE FROM SCOTLAND SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ..........................:confused: KILT V DINNER SUIT?

IS A SPORTS JACKET REALLY NECESSARY FOR OTHER NIGHTS? WOULDN'T JUST A SMART SHIRT AND TIE DO?

Kilts are always acceptable. On informal nights I wouldn't bother with the jacket and tie unless you wish to be in the minority. Of coure that depends on the line you are cruising with. If you are doing Cunard then yes the jacket and tie is a must. Other wise, most anything goes these days.

Wear the kilt! Nothing is more stunning than a man in a kilt! As to jackets, I still think they are best for informal nights, but many men will be in a dress shirt and tie--and some won't even have a tie. Jackets are not necessary on casual nights.

Hi:

I love the kilt idea and as "sandy beach" mentioned, you're representing your country. Definitely go for it.

With non-formal nights, you don't need a shirt/tie. Then of course it depends on the cruise line. What line will you be on? This can help us answer your question.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy!

Our tablemates on our Vision of the Seas cruise last October were from Scotland. He wore the full dress kilt and jacket on formal night and was the hit of the ship. His wife had this amazing plaid taffeta dress that looked great with his kilt. We had a blast with them, and everyone else wanted to take photos with them that night!

WE ARE FROM SCOTLAND SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ..........................:confused: KILT V DINNER SUIT?

IS A SPORTS JACKET REALLY NECESSARY FOR OTHER NIGHTS? WOULDN'T JUST A SMART SHIRT AND TIE DO?

Ihave seen kilts on formal nights and the men looked very nice! Very Prince Charles! so why not?

Archived