child under3 anything for her to do

Of course every child is different, but my youngest (daughter) was 27 months on her first cruise and she loved it. She's been on a couple more since that one and she still talks about going on a cruise ship all the time!!

She loved just wandering around, climbing up stairs and finding "hidden" spots on the ship. She would have spent HOURS on the mini golf course if we let her! There are also planned, organized activities for her age, including coloring and painting.

Your neice should have a ball!

I guess it depends on how much you like to entertain a small child! If she's not potty-trained, she won't be able to go in any of the pools. I'm not sure if a child has to be a certain age for Adventure Ocean--I'm sure someone on the boards will know those details. I'm assuming the parents are going along? They should be experienced in keeping their child occupied!

The minimum age for Adventure Ocean is 3 years old, so the 2 year old won't be able to participate there. There is, however, Aquatots, a play group type thing lasting about 45 minutes each day, held in a lounge, where a child can play with the parent.

If she is potty trained, she can go into the pools. Some of the ships have specifically designed pools for kids.

Only on Disney have we used babysitting for todlers. It was great, of course. You have to sign up early. We used group babysitting for our school aged children after the 10 pm hour on RCCL. Your 2 year old wouldn't qualify for this. I heard Carnival offers more activity for 2 year olds. You will have fun just being on the ship. We have 2 grand children and are waiting till the younger one reaches the magic age of three to cruise again as a family. My daughter would be too frustrated when we went dancing and she stayed in the cabin with the baby. But that is just her, it all depends on what the parents are comfortable with. We have decided not to do Carnival and wait for RCCL.

Archived