Tubing on Kaui

Deb in Cali

I have been hearing that the tubing excursion on the island of Kaui is a lot of fun. This excursion sounds like it would be a great adventure for my mother and me that would give her a thrill, but not be too much for her on our day in Kaui. I have a few questions for those that have done this excurison. I just want to make sure it is something that my mother is going to handle/enjoy.

1. How deep is the water in the ditches? The water level is not an issue with me but my dear mother is not a swimmer.

2. It mentions going into a cave type structure while tubing the ditch . How long is the cave structure? How dark is it ? Is is really small so that it would bother a clastraphobic person?

Thanks for any imput.

Deb

Water is shallow, in fact in some parts you have to lift up your back end so it doesn't scrap the bottom, and you would always be able to stand up.

As to the claustrophobic part, I don't really remember how long we were in the tunnel, but it is fairly roomy, ceiling is not too low and you can still move from side to side. Once they get everyone in there, we all turned off our head lamps, so it was very dark. But that only lasted for a second or two. And from what I can remember, you could see light from either behind you or in front of you most of the time.

I think you'll be fine - its a nice calm adventure. :)

Thanks for the info tiigger,

I'm game to try just about anything, but my mom is not as adventurous.

I didn't learn that she was clastrophobic until she had to have an MRI a few months ago. The things that you get to learn about your parents as they get older. :p

Archived