Norwegian Star or Canival Pride?

LCruising

We are planning a group cruise to the Mexican Rivierra in October 2007. I can't decide on which cruise line to choose. Have been on Norwegian years ago and it was fine, went on Carnival and was not impressed during that cruise. Has anyone cruised on both of these ships and can give me your opinion? This is a large group with very few children and mostly 30-50 year olds. We like to have fun and activities will be important, we aren't the type to just relax. Quality food is important.

Carnival Pride. Haven't been on the other, but we went on the Pride in Feb and loved it. Our friends went in October and they loved it! Food was great (except the scrambled eggs at the buffet)! We are in our 40's and no kids went with us. Very few kids on the ship also at this time of year.

I've only been on Star, not this Carnival ship, so I can't make direct comparisons for you. I think you have to decide, as a group, if it is important to you to have dinner together every night or not. Star may be hard to accomodate a large group together, Carnival would have you at the same tables every single night, at the same time every night.

If I were you, I'd make a comparison chart for everyone to see and vote on. Such as: Star has a definite advantage that there is an extra day, Carnival has larger staterooms. Although, the staterooms on Star are more nicely appointed than Carnivals (personal opinion).

While we would not cruise Carnival again, I'd really not advise against it to anyone. There are several people from my work who have cruised this ship and enjoyed it very much.

BTW, is there a reason you are not considering RCI Vision of the Sea? I've been on this ship (only for a visit) and I think it is lovely, far prettier than the two options you have mentioned.

Archived