Getting to the French Side

The French Side is half the island. Where do you want to go on the French side? If it's Marigot, I'd take the bus from Philipsburg. For a group of 4, the RT cost should be about $12. If you're heading elsewhere, such as Orient Beach, I'd take a taxi (van). That should run you about $40 RT with a full van each way.

If you want to get to the French side with 4 people, just rent a car from the 4 or 5 rental agencies next to the cruise ship dock. We paid about $95 dollars for a day rental of a minivan that allowed us to make a few stops. The roads are not too difficult. Just follow the signs. Driving is on the right. We had no problem getting a van, but there was only one ship in port.

• 2 years later...
Gary - thanks for the link to the taxi rates. That is a very helpful page in planning excursions.

Your pics were very nice. Can't wait to visit for the 1st time. Were you guys bothered by daytime mosquito biting? Right now St M has hundreds of reported confirmed cases of Dengue Fever on the island. I hope this ceases very soon so the island is a pure pleasure to spend the day safetly before our cruise port of call date of 1/20/09! I want to visit this island the most!:D I have the DEET on the list!

Archived