On Miracle 6/25, where can I buy...

Where can I buy those Mexican (colorful) blankets?:confused: Someone asked that I pick them up about 10 if they are cheap enough (does anyone know what that might cost) I will be in Costa Maya, Gr Cayman, Bezile, Cozumel. Leaving on Sunday......... yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!:D

Wish I were going sooner, but we won't be there until September. You will be surprised to find very good prices right at the cruise port stands. There are different grades of blankets, so to avoid disappointment be sure to ask your friend what quality she wants. Are you sure you want to cart all of those home? Anyway, if your friends wants the loosely-weaved ones you will be able to get them for $3 each, but get the price down for one or two first....don't let them know you want 10 because you'll get a real bargain if you wait and get the price down for one or two. If she wants the better grade blankets expect to pay about $8, depending on how generous the sellers are feeling that day. Hope this helps!

Wish I were going sooner, but we won't be there until September. You will be surprised to find very good prices right at the cruise port stands. There are different grades of blankets, so to avoid disappointment be sure to ask your friend what quality she wants. Are you sure you want to cart all of those home? Anyway, if your friends wants the loosely-weaved ones you will be able to get them for $3 each, but get the price down for one or two first....don't let them know you want 10 because you'll get a real bargain if you wait and get the price down for one or two. If she wants the better grade blankets expect to pay about $8, depending on how generous the sellers are feeling that day. Hope this helps! Also, if you plan on getting any onyx windchimes, that's the best price...right at the dock.

Cozumel is practically wall papered in those blankets. Everywhere you go,you'll spot em. The price varies at the different places,BUT you can bargain some. Especially if you tell them you're interested in multiples of them. I've seen them as low as $5.00 per. Don't be afraid to speak up and tell them what you're willing to pay. If they don't agree to your price,just move on to the next place. Good Luck

I've gotten them from Cozumel and also saw them in Costa Maya. I spent $5 for mine and it was a higher quality than some others we saw. They were everywhere so I wouldnt worry about not running into them.

I leave on the same cruise the week after you :)

We bartered for ours at Costa Maya in Majahual and it was still much more expensive than they used to be. I think I payed $15, but it was much nicer than most other ones I saw. You will also find them all around Coz as well. They used to be dirt cheap, but we sure didn't see any that were. And if you're planning on bringing back 10 of them, then you better plan on some extra suitcases. They are very heavy and can take up alot of room. Hope that person that asked you to get them is a good friend, cause the good ones can get awfully bulky to deal with!:eek:

our church is doing vacation bible school & it has a mexican theme. Quality does matter as they are just decoration. Going in a group of 25+ so i can give one to other members in the group. she also wants a sumbraroe (sp?), you know that big hat - but I don't think I want to tackle that!:eek: But anything cheap - she'll take. And she's willing to reimburse me. Any other ideas!

Guest YesitDonna

It's Poncho's Backyard and it is still there... I was there 2 weeks ago. !0 blankets!!! What the heck! I wouldn't carry back 10 for myself let alone anyone else! LOL

Archived