Dawn-- hop right in the hot tub?

jentroubles

I'm leaving on the Dawn 7/29 and was wondering if the hot tubs/pool are open for swimming/soaking on the way out of NY. I'll be in the Latitudes room, so I'm thinking there will be plently of time for a sit down lunch and then stake a claim.

Any thoughts on this strategy???

(as we right now have a tornado warning-- i'm thinking of bright skys and cruises!!!)

The hot tubs on the pool deck are open during the sail away, but expect to have plenty of company as this tends to be a popular gathering. Hint: If there's enough newbies onboard, there's a forward hot tub behind the Bimini Bar & Grill. You have to walk up the steps to Bimini, then down the steps on the other side. Walk a short distance further towards the front and you'll see it. Nice spot for the sail away if there's not a lot of folks blocking your view.

Thanks for the heads up unclepaulie! I'll have to check that tub out. I've seen the view on a few cruises out of NYC, (most recently in May) so I'm looking forward more to some time in the tub or pool. Thanks for letting me know they are open!

Best time to use hot tubs is in the dead of winter! I don't recall if they were open on our cruise when we left in Jan. Didn't matter anyway 'cuz that day was in the 60's! I remember waiting in line and it feeling like Florida instead of NYC in January. The first sea day temps on deck were around 70F. Crazy weather.

The only people that think this is crazy are the ones that don't actually own one! We used ours year 'round. Problem is when it's cold (20's F!) and a breeze is blowing you don't want to get out. :eek:

Best time to use hot tubs is in the dead of winter! I don't recall if they were open on our cruise when we left in Jan. Didn't matter anyway 'cuz that day was in the 60's! I remember waiting in line and it feeling like Florida instead of NYC in January. The first sea day temps on deck were around 70F. Crazy weather.

The only people that think this is crazy are the ones that don't actually own one! We used ours year 'round. Problem is when it's cold (20's F!) and a breeze is blowing you don't want to get out. :eek:

They were closed when we departed in Feb but the two feet of snow may have played a roll:rolleyes: :D

1592729036_DawnNoEntry.jpg.034f28aa0407c4f355d92dec0c1dcc87.jpg

They were closed when we departed in Feb but the two feet of snow may have played a roll:rolleyes: :D

Our 1st was over Jan/Feb and it was true winter then! Brrrrrrr! We didn't have any snow on deck, but the harbor was full of ice jams. By the time we went through the muster drill out on deck and nearly froze to death getting pictures of Lady Liberty, I was wanting a hot tub and fast! No such luck though, but only one sea day later......warmth! (Shoreguy, only you would have that photo! LOL!)

Luckily jentroubles won't have to worry about any of this going in July.

Archived