Getting bottled water on the Crown

jeremyp969

Hey all. Quick question. We're sailing the Crown to Bermuda leaving 6/25. My wife is pregnant and I'm not crazy about her drinking the water on the ship. I called the cruise line and they told me I can't bring bottled water on the boat, I have to buy it on the ship (I imagine it's like $3 a bottle).

Has anyone had any luck bringing bottled water on? I'm talking like a case of it(24). Is it worth trying to split it up between all my bags, putting like 6 in each bag? Or am I just out of luck?

Thanks!

The people on the phone at NCL will tell you that you can't bring water or soda on the ship. There has never been a post on the boards about a cruiser being denied bringing it on the ship. When I went on the Majesty a couple summers ago I brought along a 24 pack case of water and just stuck a luggage tag on the outer plastic and it arrived safely to my cabin.

Most people will tell you to carry it on, so your luggage doesn't get held in the room with all the suitcases they suspect have liquor in them.

You will be able to purchase water in Bermuda and bring it back on the ship as well.

I have been on RCI and Costa cruises and brough aboard water and alcohol.

I think the reason is: Your bags are x-rayed by port atuhorities, not employees of the cruise ship. As long as it isn't weapons the port atuhority doesn't care what cruise ship you are on, or the individual they have for themselves.

I did this with carry-on. I didn't trust the wine to be handled in the luggage.

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks for the all info everyone! Sounds like my best bet is to just carry on the case of water with a luggage tag on it. I don't want them holding all my bags because they assume it has alcohol in it.

Thanks!

Hey, here is a great way to smuggle water on board. Just buy a bunch of those plastic gallon jugs of whiskey. Go home and dump them down the sink. Then fill them with water.

Works everytime.

Seriously. Water on board is very good, and might even be better than your city water. But, if you want to spend good time and money to get city water that somebody puts in bottles for $1 each, you can take them aboard. Nobody has ever reported a problem. Officially you can not do it.

Hey, here is a great way to smuggle water on board. Just buy a bunch of those plastic gallon jugs of whiskey. Go home and dump them down the sink. Then fill them with water.

Works everytime.

Seriously. Water on board is very good, and might even be better than your city water. But, if you want to spend good time and money to get city water that somebody puts in bottles for $1 each, you can take them aboard. Nobody has ever reported a problem. Officially you can not do it.

that's a good one I just brought on a case of diet peach snapple(last weekend)..yes they wanted to know what it was but it was still sealed..no problemo...PLEASE DO NOT CALL AGAIN AND SAY WE SAID IT WAS OK. IF THEY DON'T LET YOU CARRY IT ON. I'LL SEND YOU THE $5.00 FOR THE CASE.- restrictions apply

I can understand your concerns..But did you know that the water aboard cruise ships is some of the best cleanest water you can find..What they do is desalinate the sea water and pull any remaining chemicals out durring the process..What I have found is the water on board ships is some of the best I have had and at home we have Polland Springs deliver 4 5gal. bottles every 3 weeks so we are choisey about our water..

I hope this helps and saves carrying water on the ship and by the way 1 gal of water weighs 7.2 lbs...

Archived