Millenium Barcelona to Venice Muster Drill

der93711

Can any one please tell me when the Muster drill is held on the Millenium leaving Barcelona. We are trying to set up a sail away party and not sure when the Muster Drill is held. We don't leave port until 7 PM so will Celebrity do the drill while we are still in port or wait till the next morning?

Der:confused:

Generally 1 pm or earlier, but that's into your stateroom. Often they let you board the ship quite early and stay in public areas til they announce your room is ready. I vaguely remember leaving my hotel just past noon, and after a 15 min taxi ride, we arrived at the pier and perhaps took another 15 minutes to get through and then boarded.

Can any one please tell me when the Muster drill is held on the Millenium leaving Barcelona. We are trying to set up a sail away party and not sure when the Muster Drill is held. We don't leave port until 7 PM so will Celebrity do the drill while we are still in port or wait till the next morning?

Der:confused:

I was at Cruise Junky's CC sailaway party ( 13 of us ) which officially began at 7. I think the drill ended just before 6. She being the host had to start getting things ready right after muster drill, and some people probably went straight from the drill to her cabin;) .

Generally 1 pm or earlier, but that's into your stateroom. Often they let you board the ship quite early and stay in public areas til they announce your room is ready. I vaguely remember leaving my hotel just past noon, and after a 15 min taxi ride, we arrived at the pier and perhaps took another 15 minutes to get through and then boarded.
Thanks. Our hotel check out time is 12 noon and I was hoping we could go directly to the ship. Sounds like a plan.

We also checked out of our hotel at noon and were on the ship before 1 p.m. - it was really nice because there were no lines at that time. Just a suggestion (which you may have read on one of my other posts) - if you are taking a taxi, write the name of the dock and ship on a piece of paper to let the taxi driver know where you are going .... many taxi drivers in Barcelona do not speak English.

Archived