Cruise Air Resource:American AAdvance Bag Check

ratherBcruzin

I can't believe I haven't seen this on here yet. Recently announced:

American Airlines' new AAdvance Bag Check Service http://www.aa.com/content/urls/advanceBagCheck.jhtml?anchorLocation=DirectURL&title=aadvancebagcheck

This might help with the age old question: "Can I make a ##:##AM flight out of MIA/FLL." Right now, you can check bags for $10 per person the last day of your cruise on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Norwegian, and at select convention centers and hotels (including DisneyWorld hotels).

Introducing AAdvance Bag Check Service

Now you can drop off bags and check in for flights on board cruise ships, at hotels and convention centers.

Participating Cruise Lines

- Royal Caribbean International

- Celebrity Cruises

- Norwegian Cruise Line

Imagine being able to check your luggage for your American Airlines flight before you get to the airport. And as an added convenience, get your boarding pass at the same time. Our new AAdvance Bag CheckSM program allows non-airport, remote check-in from select cruise lines, convention centers and hotels...with more locations being added. AAdvance Bag Check service is fast and secure. Here's how it works...

For as little as $10 per person, homebound cruise passengers can drop off their luggage and check in for American Airlines flights at the AAdvance Bag Check station on board the ship. After the ship docks, bags are transported directly to the departure airport. Passengers can relax on the last day of their voyage without having to deal with their luggage until they land at their final destination.

Similarly, convention and trade show guests can go to AAdvance Bag Check locations at many convention centers and hotels to check bags and get boarding passes for their American Airlines flights. Like the service provided on cruise ships, luggage is transported directly from the convention center or hotel to the airport to be boarded on the flight.

AAdvance Bag Check is currently available at over 30 locations. More are being added, so be sure to review this list of available locations before your next trip.

On rare occasions there may be difficulties in processing some passenger's airline records from a remote location, preventing the printing of boarding passes and luggage tags at the AAdvance Bag CheckSM locations. In these cases, it may be necessary for travelers to check in and check bags in person at their departure airport.

AAdvance Bag Check service is provided by Baggage Airline Guest Services, Inc. (BAGS). American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other companies.

RCCL had this service in San Juan when I sailed there in March. And it was a great service. The thing is, people see this service and think, oh it will save time at the airport so I can book that earlier flight - they can't. At least in San Juan, your flight had to be after 11:59 which was the time the cruiseline recommended you book your flights after. So for all those can I make such and such flight questions that are before the recommended time this service won't do them any good.

This service works great WHEN it works. From cruise ships, the one time I used it, it was fine. But from convention centers/hotels, especially NYC and Las Vegas, I have had nothing but problems. Luggage has to be transported from Javitts Center/certain hotels to LGA or JFK. One breakdown in transport and your luggage will be on the next plane. Twice this has happened in NYC to me.

Luggage from Las Vegas-got hung up in sorting at the airport. My luggage went to PHX. I went to LAX. My admin's luggage went to LAX, she went to PHX. You may think they mixed up the tags. Nope. Someone just couldn't read or thought the flights were LAX/PHX and onward. Only problem with that theory-AA doesn't fly LAX to PHX and onward. We both finally got our luggage 2 days later. Mine took a trip to DFW, before being returned to LAX (and my hotel). Thank goodness I fly AA a lot. 20,000 miles for compensation was worth the hassle. LOL

Hi I have a few question in regards to this AA Advantage program. Is there a web site that can tell me all of the particulars. Is it on the AA site. I will be on the Constellation in Oct. r/t out of Newark. Where on the ship do we take our luggage to utilize thisprogram. Any help would be appreciated.

Marilyn

Hi I have a few question in regards to this AA Advantage program. Is there a web site that can tell me all of the particulars. Is it on the AA site. I will be on the Constellation in Oct. r/t out of Newark. Where on the ship do we take our luggage to utilize thisprogram. Any help would be appreciated.

Marilyn

The link in the first post provides all the information American Airlines gives. You may want to ask on the Celebrity board. The article says there is a desk onboard that you may check your bags at.

Archived