Call Of The QE2

Coolgran

Read on one of the posts -I think it was JON -that when he goes ashore all he wants to do is to get back to the ship. This also happens to me. I go ashore and see the sights but can't wait to get back. The ship is definitly the biggest part of my holiday. My friend, who has been on lots of other ships calls her, the ship of her heart. How do others feel:)

I feel the same. But this applies only to QE2, not any other ship. I've been once on the Oriana and once on the Norwegian Dawn, and once was enough in both cases!! I'm about to go on QE2 for the 13th time, and I just love her. I'm not interested in either QM2 or Queen Victoria.

She is like a dear, cherished friend!

In her later years, she remains the favorite of so many, a classy presence on the world's oceans whose smile lines do not belie her vitality and sparkling personality. If there was ever a ship with a heart and soul, this is the one.

Long live the Queen!

Now then, just solve the problem and take a crossing. No "ashore" at all :) .

OK, but on a return crossing you'd have NY there in the middle and they don't do back to backs with the QE2 anymore:(

We did the last section of the 1995 World Cruise. We met the QE2 in Istanbul and returned to the UK from there. We did have several days in Istanbul before joining the ship and were at the Topkapi Palace on the day she sailed into the harbour. We all felt that we were in a strange land, but there was our home:)

Archived