Review of cruise on Monarch of the Seas

:) :) In a word my cruise experience was GREAT. RCI offered a wide variety of excellent food. We ate almost every night at the Windjammer buffet and never did we have a bad meal. The crew was so nice and always eager to please.

We did the four day cruise and there was a good mix of families to older to younger. I had an interior state room and for 4 days spent very little time in there so it worked out just fine.

I have cruised before aboard Carnival and must say that Royal Caribbean offers a better product. From the staff, food, and state of the ship Royal Caribbean seemed to offer a much better experience.

Jeff

Short and to the point! Thanks! My DW and I thoroughly enjoy the Monarch of the Seas, and are headed out again in a couple of months. We enjoy the food and staff, and it's wonderful just to be on the water, with everything taken care of. We feel that it is an excellent value for the dollar.

Rick

Hi Captain,

I've been looking for someone recently off the Monarch to answer a question for me. We sailed in 2004 (inside cabin also), and it was my husband's first cruise. We had such a great time that he fell right into my trap:D and we haven't vacationed on land since!

I am not at all surprised by your positive review and always recommend the Monarch to those who need to develop a 'taste' for saltwater! In fact, we've gifted good friends with their first cruise - August 21, the Monarch 4 day, just like you took. I'm almost more excited for them than I was for myself. Anyway...my question is this: Has the Monarch returned to making the beds with actual bedspreads? When we sailed the beds were finished with a second set of sheets on top of the blankets so the whole outfit could simply be flipped over in order to 'change' the bedding. Not a big deal, but certainly the room would have looked less institutional with bedspreads. Please let me know how yours was done up.

Looking forward to your reply,

Annette

Annette,

The room did have bed spreads. They did turn the bed spread down for you at night. I choose not to use the bed spread simply because they are only washed twice a year normally in hotels, I would assume this to be the same on a ship.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

Archived