Excursions on FOS

We are sailing on FOS 9/10. I am curious to your opinions on what excursions you liked on FOS eastern Car. trip.

Tracy, I have read all your posts about the Canopy tour. How much steep hiking is involved. I had a scope on my knee 6 weeks ago and am leary on that one, even though it sounds like a blast.

Thanks in advance on any input any of you have on excursions.

Thanks,

Sue

Considering that you aren't going until Sept, I don't think it's enough to blow out your knee. Would be much more worried about it pre-scope than post-scope. :)

I'd be concerned about people who can't climb a significantly large flight of stairs, have balance problems, aren't generally in good health, or are really allergic to bug-bites. There are parts that are a bit hairy, steep, and slippery (muddy)...moreso than I expected. But, those sections are short...so you have time to recover inbetween. Plus, the adrenaline from previous zips makes you so euphoric, none of it matters much. :)

The problem is that once you get to the hairy parts, if you realize you can't do it, there really wouldn't be an easy way out. I'm certainly not in the finest shape myself, but it wasn't a problem.

Funny story....

They have all of these totally adorable guides. At one point, during our "training" they go through scenarios of what happens if you "break" mid-way through and stop. One option was that a guide would have to come out to get you, wrap his legs around you, and manually drag you in. Of course, I had to ask "can you show me how to break again? That sounds good to me!" ROFL

T

yeah...ummm that sounds good to me too haha ! I think I am going to have to pass on it. I did read where you said bug bites etc, and I keep forgetting that I am allergic to bee and wasp stings something fierce. I carry an epi pen since my last bite :mad:

Sounds like such a blast though..and I do think my knee would be in good shape by then, but oh well..I better stick to the "ground" stuff and drink lots of foo foo drinks.

Thanks for your input !

Sue

Does anyone have the actual excursion list for FOS that they could send me?

I'm a bit confused by which excursions are actually available.

A few months ago I downloaded an excursion guide for another ship doing the FOS route and it listed well over 100 excursions on 50+ pages but when I did it again today from RCCL's website for my sailing of FOS (12/06) there were only 25 excursions on 15 pages.

Even worse, when I try to purchase excursions on RCCL's website there are only about 6 excursions listed as available.

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Archived