What is exactly so exciting about cave tubing?

kaikaixinxin

DH thinks it is boring to just float down the river. Is it something more than that?

What exactly do they do for zip line? I do not find any full descriptions on the web sites of the tours recommended here. Thanks.

Well, if your DH thinks that a lush jungle, beautiful river, and a stunning cave system is boring, than I feel really sorry for you. There really arent words to describe it. The river is fairly swift, and has a bed of the most perfect round river stones, the cave is amazing. My only complaint is that the head lamps were too weak to get good pics. Its really something to see. Just make sure you go with a guide. Yhoni is good with Cave-tubing.com. We were linked together, and guided away from problem areas. Others were floating on their own, and kept getting in to difficult spots. There are some rather swift rapids, and the water was low in areas.

Tell your DH that he can go to "Hell" and back in just under an hour :D

(The Mayans belive that all caves are the enterances to the underworld)

On the zip-line. First you get geared upped; harness, helmat, and gloves. You walk up the mountain to the first wooden platform. There is two steel cable strung between trees. There is two guides, one in front and one in back. Your group is always between them. One by one, you are hooked onto the cable and off you go. All the platform are in tree in the jungle canopy. The runs between trees vary in length and slope which varies the speed. There are seven runs total. At the end, you reply to the ground. From the first platform till you back on the ground you are always tied in to the tree or the zip lines. You are completely safe. The guides are helpful, alert, and attentive.

I'm am not fond of height but this was a lot of fun. By the end, stepping off a platform that is 60' to 80' in the air was nothing. On the longer runs you get to look around at the tree tops. It's a neat way to see the jungle. Plus the thrill of zipping through the air.

To do both zipline and cavetubing in the same day is getting it from both spectrums.

We went with Nacho and Cynthia.

Archived