First Timer

kootz

My husband and I are sailing the "Pride" for the first time...Please tell me all about it and what I can expect from the usual sailings like Celebrity and Holland. I hear a lot about caviar and champagne. What about fruity sissy drinks like Pina Coladas. Are they included? What about the water sports off the boat? Are they included? PLEASE TELL ME ALL... Any menus that you can post? I am sooooo excited...We are sailing in November....

My husband and I are sailing the "Pride" for the first time...Please tell me all about it and what I can expect from the usual sailings like Celebrity and Holland. I hear a lot about caviar and champagne. What about fruity sissy drinks like Pina Coladas. Are they included? What about the water sports off the boat? Are they included? PLEASE TELL ME ALL... Any menus that you can post? I am sooooo excited...We are sailing in November....

All drinks are included and hopefully you'll have Nelson the bartender on board the Pride when you are there. He makes the best Pina Coladas we have ever tasted. Water sports all depend where your cruise is and weather conditions but you'll have plenty of caviar and champagne wherever you go as pretty much everything is included. Only things we ever paid for on board were spa and what passes for internet (don't bother, it never works properly). You'll find the atmosphere far more intimate than other lines, less activities but VERY high standards throughout. Since you are there in November you'll have Eric DeGray as cruise director. We only sailed with him as an ACD but he was a lot of fun there and by all accounts makes for a great CD. Anything else you need to know just read this board.

R&R

R&R and Kootz,

Regarding the internet, (phone too) there's good news. Seabourn just announced a new satellite provider that lowers cost dramatically and improves performance. They also wired the whole ship for wi-fi if you have an equipped laptop you can use it in your suite, in lounges, etc.!

bgood

Thanks for the info...The internet is good to hear as my hubby does have to do a bit of work during the cruise.

If anyone can post menus I would appreciate it and any info on our Island cruise.

We will be on the Pride on November 14-21 from Barbados. Has anyone ever done this cruise? We have never been on these ships before and not much info on these boards although I am getting real excited...

Kootz,

There are some sample menu items on Seabourn's website http://www.seabourn.com

On the menu on the right side, Click on "About your cruise", then "Dining Experience" then select the tab "Menus."

It'll give you an idea, anyway. Seabourn operates on a 21-28-day menu cycle, because they get people staying on that long or more--so it's hard to say what the exact menus will be--but it doesn't matter much, since you can have pretty much anything you want! Just ask.

bgood

This sailing is special to me as my Mother and I were on the Pride, same cruise in 2001. You will enjoy St. Bart's if you've not been......walk up the hill to Le Select (an outdoor cantina) to Jimmy Buffet's favorite bar and have a "cool drink" and a cheeseburger! He wrote "Cheeseburger's in Paradise" while merrymaking here......St. Bart's is charming! Another spot I love is Bequia.......very unique!

I enjoy going to the open-air market in Bridgetown.....what sights! I'll be on the Pride Dec. 12th-19th so will go and buy my fresh flowers and my fresh nutmeg!

You'll love the beautiful M/V Pride......."Once Seabourn, always Seabourn!"

MB

R&R and Kootz,

Regarding the internet, (phone too) there's good news. Seabourn just announced a new satellite provider that lowers cost dramatically and improves performance. They also wired the whole ship for wi-fi if you have an equipped laptop you can use it in your suite, in lounges, etc.!

bgood

Will have to take a laptop in future then. The problem we always found was that the computers they had on board were using very old software which couldn't handle most web pages. If they haven't upgraded the software then any change in satellite provider won't mean anything to anyone who doesn't have their own laptop on board. We ended up finding netcafes on shore which were cheaper and better equipped but that ate into our time ashore. Luckily we carry a laptop for digital photography (has the digital photo machine on the Pride ever worked by the way?) and that has wi-fi built in.

R&R

Archived