My positive review of the Dawn is coming...

I am back!! I am working on my full review but I will give you an inside glmpse: I will be very positive. Yes there were some things about it that I did not enjoy and some of them are out of NCL's control.

Let me give you the inside scoop on the delay: As you know we were notified about 36 hours before we left by NCL that the ship would be an hour late returning on June 24. (11 instead of 10). They assured my TA that we could still make our 3:00 p.m. flight. (air arranged through NCL).

On Friday of the cruise, the informed us that due to "routine maintainance" on one engine, we would be 2 hours late getting into New York, getting in at 12 noon instead of 10 or 11. Still we thought our flight would be ok.

Late Saturday afternoon, they sent all of us in our group a letter saying that since it appeared we would not be able to make our 3:00 p.m. flight due to the delay they had rescheduled us to a later flight. Of course, now instead of getting home at 5:30 p.m., our flight would not land until 11:00 p.m.:(

So now you can see why I am a little slow getting my information posted.

I have some funny stories to tell, some problems to speak of, and lots of positives to share, but right now I have some laundry to do and a yard of grass to bale:D (they had 3 days of heavy rains here!)

but right now I have some laundry to do

Welcome back. They had a laundry room on the ship; couldn't you have just done your laundry there and been ready to get on your review.:D

I know you had a lot of frustration before you left dealing with NCL customer service and that it was worked out in an acceptable manner. That's great, but their customer service definately needs a kick in the seat.

I have always found that the NCL ships that I have been on have such an outstanding crew that it makes me forget the problems with customer service. Boy they work hard. I forget my problems and book another cruise.:)

I am back!! I am working on my full review but I will give you an inside glmpse: I will be very positive. Yes there were some things about it that I did not enjoy and some of them are out of NCL's control.

Let me give you the inside scoop on the delay: As you know we were notified about 36 hours before we left by NCL that the ship would be an hour late returning on June 24. (11 instead of 10). They assured my TA that we could still make our 3:00 p.m. flight. (air arranged through NCL).

On Friday of the cruise, the informed us that due to "routine maintainance" on one engine, we would be 2 hours late getting into New York, getting in at 12 noon instead of 10 or 11. Still we thought our flight would be ok.

Late Saturday afternoon, they sent all of us in our group a letter saying that since it appeared we would not be able to make our 3:00 p.m. flight due to the delay they had rescheduled us to a later flight. Of course, now instead of getting home at 5:30 p.m., our flight would not land until 11:00 p.m.:(

So now you can see why I am a little slow getting my information posted.

I have some funny stories to tell, some problems to speak of, and lots of positives to share, but right now I have some laundry to do and a yard of grass to bale:D (they had 3 days of heavy rains here!)

Is the laundry done and grass cut yet, were waiting here for crucial details on everything........:D

Welcome back. They had a laundry room on the ship; couldn't you have just done your laundry there and been ready to get on your review.

I did stumble on the laundry room while walking the ship, its on Deck 11 starboard between the forward and mid elevators.

But I was on vacation....who wants to do laundry????????????:D :D

But I was on vacation....who wants to do laundry????????????:D :D

I 100% agree with you. My DH did laundry the first time we were on the Dawn. The second time we had a great roll call thread where people were planning when they would do laundry and who would bring what champagne, wine, snacks, etc. It was funny. My take - I was on vacation....who wants to do laundry??????(I think I heard that someplace else.):)

Archived