RCI - Any military discounts???

Does anyone know if there is a way to receive military discounts with RCI? When I spoke to one of their representatives she stated something about having to speak directly with a military base travel station to receive such discounts.

When I called Carnival, they offer you discounts directly (substantial) for any previously discharged military, vets or retired military. Although the prices on CCL can't be beat, I just dread using them - I had rather hopped RCI would be accomodating. We have sailed 5 times with RCI and this is the first time I have been very disappointed in something.

Anyone have any suggestions or experiences with this topic???

We aren't military but are doing the research for extended family. I am trying to get pricing and information together for 10 of us. For instance my father-in-law in GA is a vet, but my brother-in-law is previous navy. We are all spread out around the country so for one party to have to call a local military base is a challenge. I myself have no military background so I have no idea how to begin this process.

DH is retired Air Force... I know at the AF Bases it's ITT Tours that you contact for leisure travel. We haven't ever gone that route...

The place I've seen military discounts is at the vacations to go website... they have a link for military discounts... Some of the discounts are pretty good, but they seem to be on cruises that are coming up soon (within 3 - 6 months) So if you want to plan ahead, that option probably won't work very well for you...

Hope that helps some....

Does anyone know if there is a way to receive military discounts with RCI? When I spoke to one of their representatives she stated something about having to speak directly with a military base travel station to receive such discounts.

When I called Carnival, they offer you discounts directly (substantial) for any previously discharged military, vets or retired military. Although the prices on CCL can't be beat, I just dread using them - I had rather hopped RCI would be accomodating. We have sailed 5 times with RCI and this is the first time I have been very disappointed in something.

As you probably know the military has access to USAA. This is an insurance/financial organization available only to military members. They also have a travel service that is strictly for cruises. As a military member you will not receive a lower price. I have used them for a decade. I will put up an e-mail address in my profile for a few days if you want further information. (No I am not affiliated with USAA except as a customer.)

Well I thought I could add my contact info to my public information, but I guess I have to some more research to figure out how to display it. Well...if the host allows this...here is an e-mail you can use to contact me... rwiley2647@mail.com

Darn it--I have my TA checking on this for me because my dad is retired Air Force, and we were hoping he could get a discount for our upcoming family cruise. I know Carnival has a military discount, so I assumed RCI did too.

Oh well, it will be nice to be back on a Voyager-class ship again, even though we do have to pay more!

hi! only a select few agencies are allowed to give military rates for RCCL. Actually these agencies are allowed to give interline rates to military (interline rates are the rates that people in the travel business - TA, airline workers etcc) pay for their vacations.. RCCL even doesn't do the rates. Problem is that there is only a select few cruises and intinaries. But they do change weekly. I will give an example REMEMBER, THESE RATES ARE VALID FOR AIRLINE AND MILTARY ONLY and REQUIRE valid ID to book. T

i forgot that you can't advertise TAs. I am not a TA, just came a cross this site. So if you are military email me at renata_102@hotmail.com

we are gonna use them for another cruise that is DIRT cheap this spring....

Here is directly from RCI's website:

Are there special prices for military personnel?

Yes, we do offer special rates on selected sailings for military personnel. To get this rate, you must place your reservation through a participating SATO travel agency. Contact your human resources department for a list of these agencies.

---------

Sato is available both as a civilian agency and is on most military bases. If you have been in the military recently they are the ones that book your flights to basic training or any duty station transfers etc. etc. The company that you probably interact with directly is called Carson-Wagonlit.

You can visit the website and find a location at:

https://www.satotravel.com/

Hooah.

You can

Here is directly from RCI's website:

Are there special prices for military personnel?

Yes, we do offer special rates on selected sailings for military personnel. To get this rate, you must place your reservation through a participating SATO travel agency. Contact your human resources department for a list of these agencies.

---------

Sato is available both as a civilian agency and is on most military bases. If you have been in the military recently they are the ones that book your flights to basic training or any duty station transfers etc. etc. The company that you probably interact with directly is called Carson-Wagonlit.

You can visit the website and find a location at:

https://www.satotravel.com/

Hooah.

You can

Just noticed they are overcharging government fees and taxes on the Norwegian Majesty! And their rates are actually higher than what is currently available in live reservations. So comparison shop!

When I booked our cruise months ago I looked into Military discounts. I found that you couldn't expect to get a Military discount if you booked early. If I remember correctly it was for 30-60 days prior to saling date. I could be wrong but remember not wanting to wait that long to book our cruise. That said, I booked directly thru RCCL and got what I felt was a fair rate, knowing that I would be able to get a rate reduction if the prices dropped. Although our price has not dropped (but actually went up) for our JS, we have recieved multiple discounts on our interior room. We did a Carnival cruise last year and did receive the Military discount but didn't get any price reductions along the way. So I really feel like we got a better deal by booking with RCCL directly for the cruise and rooms we wanted, watching and calling about price reductions, than if we had waited and recieved a Military discount.

Good Luck!

Archived