Rome - who knows the name of this place?

We just got back from our Mediterranean cruise last week and I am trying to put captions to my pictures. I cannot remember (or find) the name of this place we went to. I was hoping someone here will know what I am talking about and can give me the name of the place. It is a high point where you have great views of the city, and at 12:00 noon a canon goes off. I took this picture there.47b6d837b3127cce8a6427582b4800000016109AcNW7Zqzai

"Another place that deserves a visit is the Janicolum Hill. It's right next to St. Peter's and from the top of the hill see a gorgeous view of the city. If you happen to be there at 12:00 you can assist to the firing of the cannon which is being repeated since 1849"

This sounds right.

If you toured with Driver In Rome, you took that photo from Gianicolo Hill. That's where we started our tour of Rome. Was there a large statue of a man on a horse up there? That's the photo I put in my album from our stop there.

Good luck!

Thanks so much!

That is it!

We went to so many different places and it is so hard to remember the names. We had a driver from romashuttle.com take us around.

Archived