Ok you guys convinced me :)

Disneycruiser#1

I am the one who posted a few days back trying to decide on a cruise/vacation for my husband and myself sans kids before he deploys to Iraq :(.............I LOVE everything I have read about the Caribbean Princess. I have an early September date I think will work for the eastern ports and a great quote from my TA for a category BB cabin which some of you suggested. I printed out some nice reviews and stats of the ship to give to my husband to help him commit to the cruise (lol) buuuuuuuttttttttmy husband does not really like to cruise. He goes bc I love too! So, I have narrowed it down to the Caribbean Princess :) or a air/land package at either Sans Souci Resort and Spa in Ocho Rios or Riu Tropical Bay in Negril.

I want to do the cruise; the ship looks neat with the outdoor Movie Theater and flexible dining buuuuuuutttttttt he gets the final vote so keep your fingers crossed.

My parents and I are taking my 3 and 6 year old sons on the DCL Magic again while my husband is deployed to keep us occupied so I will get my cruise fix then buuuttttttt I can guaranty you all that WHEN my husband gets home safe and sound next summer we are taking our sons on the Caribbean Princess over Disney!!!

Love DCL, cruised it 2 years in a row with the 3rd this fall but I can not believe I have been in the dark about Princess and just so you all, so not worry our boys are good boys not crumb snatchers who roam the ship, stairways and elevators being brats............even I can not understand that and why parents have a false sense of security on a ship but hey that is a whole other thread if not message board.

But wish me luck in convincing him!

Good Luck Convincing him Disney!! I'm sure he'll say OK!! We're doing the Caribbean Princess in September!! Best Wishes and Prayers for your Husband too!! My friend's Son-In-Law just got back last night from a 17-month deployment in Iraq. He's supposed to now get to retire from the Air National Guard at age 38!! Hopefully, they'll let him get his papers through. He's got a 3-year-old that he wants to spend some time with that's been missing his Daddy!!!

Good Luck Disney and let us know soon!! Hope your are looking at the Sept 4 sailing of the Caribbean Princess and can join us! A big thanks goes to your DH for being so brave and serving our country! I hope God blesses him with many rewards!:)

Thanks everyone. My DH just turned 38 and could drop his retirement papers in November since he has been over 18.5 years but he feels he needs to do this so God bless him and keep him safe and bring him back to us.............I hope we cruise this ship

Disney, may God keep you husband safe. It is because of people like him that we are able to enjoy all the freedom we have here in America. May you have a wonderful cruise and our thoughts, prayers and thanks go with him to Iraq.

Jackie

Everyone in the Sooner State wishes you luck and our thoughts and prayers go with your husband............thank him for serving our country.

Jim

Archived