puffy eyes

I think also cooled, brewed tea bags as tea is a diuretic. I've read this somewhere but never tried it.

Ponds used to make this eye gel that I loved for that- but they discontinued it. I have tried many products since. I would NOT put hemroid cream there-that tissue is too sensitive-you could find yourself with major crow's feet after doing that for a persiod of time.

I will try the tea bags though and see if it helps..

Mary Kay has a product called Indulge Soothing Eye Gel which I LOVE for puffy eyes. It has cucumber extract in it and it feels cool coming out of the jar.

Disclaimer: I am a Mary Kay consultant. If interested in buying this or any other product, go to www.marykay.com and use the consultant locator to find someone who services your zip code.

Mary Kay has a product called Indulge Soothing Eye Gel which I LOVE for puffy eyes. It has cucumber extract in it and it feels cool coming out of the jar.

Disclaimer: I am a Mary Kay consultant. If interested in buying this or any other product, go to www.marykay.com and use the consultant locator to find someone who services your zip code.

I have something called stress gel made by St. Ives that is made from cucumber. It does not help the puffiness-that Ponds stuff was great-I just wish they still made it. I woundn't mind buying the Mary kay- I am just not interested in buying their whole regine and I don't want to to be pressured to buy other stuff when I only want one product.

does anyone know of something I can buy at a department store or Eckerds, Walmarts etc.?

Prescriptives has a great eye line reducer that helps with the puffiness around the eyes also. They also have a product for the dark circles under the eyes that I use. Can't remember the name but I was on my last cruise and told the facial lady the products I use and she said other than the stuff she uses I got the best!

I second the cucumber slices. Also, they have them at the drug store, not the feal ones but they are those clear jell ones that you put in the freezer - a friend of mine uses these and swears by them.

;) I've used this too and love it....I also take allergy pills as my allergy's cause puffy eyes also....so between the two I am good to go ...

;) I've used this too and love it....I also take allergy pills as my allergy's cause puffy eyes also....so between the two I am good to go ...

It may be good but this board is NOT for sales people. I do not like Mary Kay because many years ago I spent $50 on makeup this was like over 30 years ago-I was promised this would clear up my acne. It didn't and the consultant would not refund me my money-so I refuse to use Mary kay.

Thirty years ago $50 was alot of money and I was only like 18 or 19 at the time. I felt I was ripped all for being young and foolish enough to believe everything I was told.

I've always used a night time cream and a day time gel around my eyes. I recently read to forego the night time, heavier cream, as it does puff up the skin around your eyes.

I've stopped using the night eye cream for a while, just to see if there is any difference.

I second the cucumber slices. Also, they have them at the drug store, not the feal ones but they are those clear jell ones that you put in the freezer - a friend of mine uses these and swears by them.

I wish you knew the name. I bought some fake cucmber slices also but they were not in a gel form. they were cloth and you wet them and a cream like came out of them. I did not see they did anything. I loved the Pond's gel eye stuff but they discontinued it and replaced it with an eye cream and the cream did not work.

As I said I also bought the St. Ives face stress gel that had cucumber and elastin in it. It did very little to help the puffiness. But I figured it would not help as it was way too inexpensive.

If you think of the brand name and where you bought it-please post. I would love to try it and see if it helps me.

I wish you knew the name. I bought some fake cucmber slices also but they were not in a gel form. they were cloth and you wet them and a cream like came out of them. I did not see they did anything. I loved the Pond's gel eye stuff but they discontinued it and replaced it with an eye cream and the cream did not work.

As I said I also bought the St. Ives face stress gel that had cucumber and elastin in it. It did very little to help the puffiness. But I figured it would not help as it was way too inexpensive.

If you think of the brand name and where you bought it-please post. I would love to try it and see if it helps me.

My friend is away until next week; I will ask her and post when I find out.

A famous model gave this tip (I think, it might be Tyra Banks)

Pop a metal spoon into the fridge and leave it there to chill. Take it out and put the bottom of the spoon against the lower part of your eye (close your eyes first!).

Not for the faint of heart. Can't say if it'd work but the cold would probably tighten things up fast for a little bit.

I second the hemmroid cream. Prep H has been a secret tool in the modeling circle for years. They just did a story about it on the Modern Girls Guide to Life on Style. Works like a charm!

really? there was a dsicussiononthis board several months ago and it was said the ingredient that hid wrinkles was taken out by the FDA because the FDA feared the side effects of people using it for th ewrong purpose or something like that. Do you have a link to the article?

My fear is although it would be a temporary fix I could end up with crow's feet. I don't have them and I belevie it is because I have always been very careful what I put on in that area. I am 52 years old so I should have them. women many years younger then me have them.

Origins has a product called No Puffery, it really does work. As an added benifit it's supposed to help lighten dark circles. For me, any effect on dark circles is limited but it really does work on puffy eyes.

where do you find it? as long as it doesnot have mineral oil I will try it.

I work in clinical research in ophthalmology and when I told one of the ophthalmologists that my husband used Preparation H for puffiness under his eyes, he flipped his lid. According to him Preparation H (or any hemorrhoid ointment) are not to be used in the eye area!! Great risk of infection and eye irritation.

Just passing on advice from someone in the ophthalmic field.

I work in clinical research in ophthalmology and when I told one of the ophthalmologists that my husband used Preparation H for puffiness under his eyes, he flipped his lid. According to him Preparation H (or any hemorrhoid ointment) are not to be used in the eye area!! Great risk of infection and eye irritation.

Just passing on advice from someone in the ophthalmic field.

Thanks. I was afraid to do that anyway.

I usually purchase it at Dillards, however Origins does have a website where you can purchase it online. You can also go to there website, imput your zip code and it will list the stores that carry Origins in your area.

really? there was a dsicussiononthis board several months ago and it was said the ingredient that hid wrinkles was taken out by the FDA because the FDA feared the side effects of people using it for th ewrong purpose or something like that. Do you have a link to the article?

My fear is although it would be a temporary fix I could end up with crow's feet. I don't have them and I belevie it is because I have always been very careful what I put on in that area. I am 52 years old so I should have them. women many years younger then me have them.

It was not an article. I was on the show "Modern Girls Guide to Life" on the Style Network. They did a whole thing on cheap beauty secrets.

As far as it being bad for you? I would just be VERY careful not to get any in your eyes. I don't know that it is meant to be used everyday. But it does work!

It was not an article. I was on the show "Modern Girls Guide to Life" on the Style Network. They did a whole thing on cheap beauty secrets.

As far as it being bad for you? I would just be VERY careful not to get any in your eyes. I don't know that it is meant to be used everyday. But it does work!

I have no crow's feet and I would hate it if that caused some to form. I would rather have puffy eyes then crow's feet.

Archived