Final Pmt made can you change from Solo to double?

Cinderose

We have a group sailing and final payment from all is due this week. One of the guys going has had a hard time finding a cabin mate. If after he has paid for a solo cabin and finds a buddy to go can he change and add the roomie? Does he get the extra $ he paid back for being solo or is it put as a cabin credit? Or can you even add some one extra in a room once final payment has been done? He asked too many questions I cant answer... Help!

As long as the ship has not reached guest capacity u may add another person to a cabin if it has enough bed space. The additional price will be the difference between what you have paid and what that cabin is selling at for 2 people AT THAT TIME. So the 2nd person will not cost the exact same price as the first. I just did that for my european cruise and the additional price not that much more then the original, because prices had fallen in my catagory. If prices have increased the cost would have been more.

Coach is correct. Also, your friend could save some money! Since the single supplement he is paying is 150% to 200%, if he gets a roomie, they could half the total amount for the cabin.:)

About changing after final payment... There is a $50 fee imposed when changing names after final payment has been made; however, when adding a person to a cabin, I'm not sure how that would work - so you'd have to ask your booking agent. Good luck to your friend.

Archived